Using MacDive on two different Macs

Problems ? Get help here!
Craine
Dive Computer: Oceanic Veo 180

Using MacDive on two different Macs

Post by Craine »

Hello,
I searched the forums and didn't find what I was looking for. My question is this: I have two computers (a MBP and an iMac) and I'd like to use MacDive on both (mirroring the sqlite database between the two). I don't see why I should have to buy a multi-user license when there is only one user (me) who just wants to have this program on both of my computers. So what's the deal then? Will a single-user license work on both computers? Thanks for the help,

Craine
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Using MacDive on two different Macs

Post by nick »

A single user license is for just that - one user. You can use it on multiple computers.

There is no built in syncing between multiple computers, though.
YFinder
Dive Computer: Atomic Cobalt

Post by YFinder »

Ok i'm bumping this up... cause it was never really answered. I can't believe 7 months has gone by and nobody else is in this situation to continue this.

So is it POSSIBLE? I'm in the same situation. I travel for work (and diving... duh :mrgreen: ) but when I'm home i'm only on my iMac. I'm not going to ask you to provide a sync (I have several sync programs for file and folders to various clouds or intranets) but would it be as simple as syncing a few files in the macdive folder(s)?

Thanks in advance!!!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Sure it's possible, you can copy your data between computers. There's just no officially supported way to synchronise the data. There are various people on the forum talking about setting up DropBox to sync (with some caveats, and it isn't an official method).

I'm looking in to proper solutions.