Cannor identify dive computer

Problems ? Get help here!
hvdhoef
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

Re: Cannor identify dive computer

Post by hvdhoef »

No windows for me at home but I can try Parallels, maybe that will rule out some errors. If that doesn't work I can try it a friends laptop.

The cable seems to be working fine, when selecting different types of dive computers the error message changes. I've used the Vyper for about 25 dives or so, could be the computer ... hope not ... Could it ben the computer? Or would I get a different error message when the computer can not be found?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Yeah you'd get a different error.

Can you drop me a mail, to macdive@thedoorisajar.org. I'll send you a tool to run to investigate further.
egon
Dive Computer: Suunto, Oceanic

Post by egon »

@hvdhoef what's the error message you're receiving? Does MacDive get as far as finding the computer?
hvdhoef
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

Post by hvdhoef »

@egon I looks likes it found the computer. The first message I goes away to fast for me to read but the next one is "Beginning download" after that I get the error "Cannot find the dive computer".
egon
Dive Computer: Suunto, Oceanic

Post by egon »

Have you tried upgrading the driver yet (Or are you already running the latest version)?
JACKYl
Dive Computer: vytec ds

Post by JACKYl »

I have the same problem. Just a couple of weeks ago I had no problem at all. I could import the dives from my suunto vytec DS without any problems. Today I can't get the data from my suunto. The message I get is: "Cannot identify dive computer" ...

Any suggestions????
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

Can you run the vyper test application to find out whether the error is in the libdivecomputer library or macdive itself? Instructions are available on the libdivecomputer website.
JACKYl

Post by JACKYl »

I can't run the vyper test application. There is no download for the test application.
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

Do you mean you don't have a link where to download the test app? In that case, you can find it here: http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/builds/macosx/vyper Or do you mean you don't know how to use it?
JACKYl

Post by JACKYl »

I don't know how to use it, it doesn't look as a download to me. When I read the instructions I expected something else. I'am handy with computers, but I'am not a developer and I think that this is to much for me. I'am sorry for that because I loved the program. I have to fix it because tomorrow I'am going on an diving holiday.