Has anyone successfully pair a Suunto D5 with MacDive for iOS?

Problems ? Get help here!
Antarctic-adventurer
Dive Computer: Suunto D5 & D6

Has anyone successfully pair a Suunto D5 with MacDive for iOS?

Post by Antarctic-adventurer »

Hi everyone,

Calling all Suunto D5 owners out there. I am having real difficulties pairing my Suunto D5 with MacDive on iOS. Has anyone had any luck and got it to work?

My symptoms were that it recognised the watch but then never seemed to transfer any data. So then I tried removing the watch and re-pairing but now when I select D5 from the add menu in the mobile app, I get the error message "peer removed pairing information" and cannot proceed any further. Does anyone have an idea of steps I could take next? (I have been able to pair the watch with the Suunto app, so there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the watch itself).
Attachments
error message
error message
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Has anyone successfully pair a Suunto D5 with MacDive for iOS?

Post by nick »

Go to the main iOS Settings > Bluetooth and remove the D5. This will clear that error, it's an iOS pairing thing.
Antarctic-adventurer
Dive Computer: Suunto D5 & D6

Post by Antarctic-adventurer »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your quick reply. This fixed the issue and I was able to pair successfully. Thank you very much :D

For anyone else who is having issues syncing their D5 with iOS, after following Nick's instructions MacDive was able to recognise my device, but the first time the app wasn't able to read the data from the watch. (See screenshot). I got it to work by disconnecting the D5 in bluetooth settings and retrying the sync. For some reason it took 3 tries before it worked but finally the link was established so it may require a few attempts to get this working it seems in some cases.

Thanks again!
Attachments
IMG_5684.PNG
dieghe
Dive Computer: Suunto D5

Post by dieghe »

Hi,

thank you, with your instructions I also managed to connect the D5. The problem is that every time I want to connect it to MacDive I have to make iPhone forget it in Bluetooth settings first. Is there any way to avoid this?

Best