Suunto D6i

Problems ? Get help here!
PeterS
Dive Computer: suunto D6i

Suunto D6i

Post by PeterS »

Hi i am having a problem down loading my latest dive, "Could not detect a valid serial port" i haven't had any problems in the past?

I so tried to up date & got this "MacDive can’t be updated when it’s running from a read-only volume like a disk image or an optical drive. Move MacDive to your Applications folder, relaunch it from there, and try again", it is and has always been in Applications so don't know whats happening here?

Can't seem to refresh the serial port either?

Thoughts??

cheers
Pete
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 12.14.29 pm.png
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Suunto D6i

Post by nick »

PeterS wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:16 am Hi i am having a problem down loading my latest dive, "Could not detect a valid serial port" i haven't had any problems in the past?
99% of the time this means you have a low battery or it's not connected properly.
I so tried to up date & got this "MacDive can’t be updated when it’s running from a read-only volume like a disk image or an optical drive. Move MacDive to your Applications folder, relaunch it from there, and try again", it is and has always been in Applications so don't know whats happening here?
I assume you're accidentally running it from outside of Applications (eg a dock shortcut that doesn't point to Applications). Not sure what to suggest other than to make sure you actually are running it from Applications.
Can't seem to refresh the serial port either?
You can ignore this. Unless you separately installed the third-party USB driver, which you do not need to do for the D6i, it's irrelevant.
Thoughts??
Basically what is in Troubleshooting Downloads in the user guide. Make sure you don't have a low battery, avoid USB hubs, make sure Suunto Dive Manager is not running at the same time, etc. There's no issue with the D6i so it's most likely a hardware issue on your end: low battery, bad connection, etc.