Page 1 of 1
New Release & Big Sur Error -7
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:39 am
I've recently upgraded my MacBook to Big Sur, then after today's dive I've upgraded Mac-Dive to the latest version, now my Cressi Giotto isn't connecting
I've attempted soft and hard reboots, checked cables and plenty of power in my dive computer
Can anyone help please?
Re: New Release & Big Sur Error -7
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:58 am
The only thing that has changed with regards to the Cressi recently is adding support for a newer/alternate cable. It's doing what it should as far as I can see, and as far as other users have confirmed. You can email me the console log to double-check, but most likely it's just one of the usual suspects (low battery, bad connection/dirty/wet contacts, try a different USB port on your MacBook, make sure the cressi app is not running, etc). This change wasn't even in the latest version, it was in an earlier one.
1. Open Console (Applications > Utilities > Console)
2. In Console, at the very top of the left sidebar, make sure your Mac is selected
3. In Console, in the top right search box, filter for "macdive" without the quotes
4. Hit "Start" in the toolbar of Console
5. Download from the device in MacDive
6. Go back to Console, hit Pause, then Share and email it to me
I would check the other things I mentioned though. Nothing else has changed with the Cressi in a long time.