Air temp blanked/wrong cylinder selected

Problems ? Get help here!
jarold
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro

Air temp blanked/wrong cylinder selected

Post by jarold »

Hi,

I've seen this happen pretty consistently so need to let you know.

I do a dive & create the dive in iOS & enter some basic details including the air temperature, which tank I used, what kit I used & I sync it to my Mac, I then transfer the new dives from my computer & it spots the matching dives I already created & offers to merge them - cool

Except the resultants are that
- the air temperature is blanked on every dive
- the cylinder ends up being my pony on every dive when I selected different cylinders in the iOS app
- the repetitive dive numbers on the dives are out so for example 4 dives over 2 days instead of being numbered 1,2,1,2 are numbered 2,4,6,8
- the kit seems to have added in the default kit (presumably from the computer sync when it created the dives that got merged) & ignored what I put in iOS

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

kevin
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Air temp blanked/wrong cylinder selected

Post by nick »

Air temperature is not merged so it is using the target one, which is presumably just empty. I will do an update to copy that. Repetitive dive is not merged, it's using whatever was set in macOS. My guess is you synced before downloading so they were imported incorrectly in the first place. You are better to download profiles before syncing to work around this, or just fix them afterwards (Right Click > Renumber Dives). Gear is the result of both iOS and macOS combined, not just what you specified on iOS.

Tanks are a little trickier. If there is one mix on either side then it will try and copy some data over. This is for when you have specified air usage on iOS but don't have a transmitter. It will try and line things up, but not if data is already set on macOS. For example if you have a mix, and it has a tank, the tank will not be copied from iOS. It will only be copied if the target dive has a mix with no tank specified. Essentially macOS trumps iOS in most regards, as in 99% of cases this data is added from a dive computer download. It's really only intended to copy over the air pressures as a convenience, as the import will always create tanks with the right gases etc.
jarold
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro

Post by jarold »

Many thanks for the quick reply Nick.

Sounds like the best bet is to turn off sync on iOS until I get back to the Mac & then download the dives & then sync?

This would presumably sort the repetitive sequence & if I specify certain kit but not other kit in iOS this will then trump the Mac?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

The easiest thing to do is just renumber the dives afterwards. All gear on iOS and macOS will be combined when merging, neither trumps the other.

Thinking about it, both of these combined are what I think is wrong with your repetitive dive numbers. My guess is you are adding the dive computer as a gear item on iOS, which is what is causing them to be wrong on macOS. If that is the case, do not do this, and the numbers should be correct. The reason for that is repetitive dive numbers are calculated based on dives for that computer, to filter out issues with importing dives for multiple computers etc. If you're assigning it on iOS then it is using those, hence the double-incrementing. The imported dive will have the computer assigned regardless of your gear setup, so you do not need to do this anyway.