Bottom Time discrepancies

Problems ? Get help here!
Legolas8911
Dive Computer: Suunto Eon Core

Bottom Time discrepancies

Post by Legolas8911 »

Hello,

I have an issue with both the macOS and iOS apps. For some reason the bottom time differs from one place to the other. All the dives were recorded using EON Core, except for one which was added manually.

Here are some screenshots from macOS:

I understand that this might be Total Time, not Bottom Time, but it's not apparently:

iOS however, says that the Total Bottom Time is 3h32m, a number which I can't find anywhere in the macOS app:

In the profile however, it still says that the Bottom Time is 4h22m:

Now, I don't know which one to trust. I've based my physical logbook on the first number, the one shown on the bottom of the macOS app but now I'm starting to doubt that it's correct. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Mihai
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Bottom Time discrepancies

Post by nick »

It's quite difficult to say without seeing your data, so I can only offer some broad information.

The first image of the status bar of 4h2 is the total duration of the displayed dives. The total bottom time of 4h22 in the next image of your profile is the total bottom time + previous dive time, so my assumption is you have 20 minutes of "previous dive time" set in your profile. Thus, the 4h2 on the status bar is the total duration, as that does not include the previous time in your profile - only the time for the displayed dives. Note this should really be labelled Total Duration, not total bottom time.

The 4h2 in the iOS All Dives Stats is the same 4h2 displayed on macOS as total duration for the displayed dives. The 3h32 value there is the only one in your screenshots that is actually the bottom time (rather than duration). Depending on the dives themselves this may be entirely legitimate. For example, if you surfaced for 30 minutes in the middle of a dive, you'd expect bottom time to be 30 minutes shorter than the duration. Again, I really can't clarify this based on the limited info that's available here.

Ultimately different screens are showing slightly different things. Either the current selection in duration or bottom time, or your overall statistics.
Legolas8911
Dive Computer: Suunto Eon Core

Re: Bottom Time discrepancies

Post by Legolas8911 »

nick wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:09 am so my assumption is you have 20 minutes of "previous dive time" set in your profile.

You're right, missed that. I already had one dive by the time I installed the apps so I've set it as that but later I added the first dive manually as well.
nick wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:09 am Note this should really be labelled Total Duration, not total bottom time.

That's what confused me the most, didn't know which one to trust.

Thanks! That clarified things a bit.