Problem with importing from Nemo Wide

Problems ? Get help here!
Expatdiver
Dive Computer: Mares Nemo Wide

Problem with importing from Nemo Wide

Post by Expatdiver »

When I try to download my dives from my Mares Nemo Wide to MacDive 1.5.3 through the DRAK interface I get an "error contacting dive computer" message. I have updated the firmware on my Nemo Wide to the latest version released by Mares. What am I doing wrong? I am running Mac OS X 10.6.3.
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Re: Problem with importing from Nemo Wide

Post by TnT »

Can you run the test application? Follow the instructions here:

http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=78#p78

And just replace everything "vyper2" with "puck".
Expatdiver

Post by Expatdiver »

Just tried that, both with the "puck" and "nemo" files. For both of them I get an error message in the terminal window "not a valid command" when I type "ls /dev/tty.*" So not really getting anywhere...
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

Do you get an error on the "ls" command? In that case, maybe you misspelled it? It starts with a lowercase L.
If you get the error while trying to execute the "puck" command, you may have forgotten the "chmod u+x puck" command.
There is no need to try the "nemo" app, because that's for a different type of dive computer.

If something still doesn't work, post the terminal output, so we can see what exactly is wrong.
Shadallark
Dive Computer: Mares Wrist Puck

Post by Shadallark »

Good day to you Expatdiver;

Another option is that you may need to reinstall the /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART driver to allow the Mac to connect to the DRAK interface.

The MacDive Website points you to the following website to get the driver:
https://www.silabs.com/products/interfa ... ault.aspx
I believe they are calling the driver a virtual com port driver these days, but am not sure as I have had it installed for quite a while now.

Note: The first time I connected my Mares Puck to my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard it attempted to setup the SLAB_USBtoUART device as a network connection. I cancelled out of that setup and my Mares Puck works great with 1.5.3.

Best of luck to you.

Shadallark
New Brunswick, Canada
The MacDs
New Brunswick, Canada

Family of Mares Puck and Aqualung i300c users
Expatdiver

Post by Expatdiver »

Excellent advice Shadallark - downloaded the virtual com port driver from the mentioned website, and it worked like a charm :lol: TnT, thanks for your assistance.
ComSubVie
Dive Computer: Mares Puck

Post by ComSubVie »

Hello!

I do also have some problems with my Mares Puck. MacDive is able to import the last 33 dives, and aborts then with a "cannot read memory" error. The computer is then still in PC mode, and it has 54 dives logged. I can reproduce this on 2 Macs.

The libdivecomputer test application for the puck dive computer exits with "success". I tried to attach the resulting files, but the forum says that the "log" and "dmp" extensions are not allowed (I also tried "txt").
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Can you email those files to me ? support@mac-dive.com.

Version 2, due out very shortly (I promise!), has much updated Mares code and should do a much better job. If you email me the files I'll double check they load ok, and then it should all work nicely in v2.