Can’t import from new Eon Core

Problems ? Get help here!
Wnpeugh
Dive Computer: Liquivision Lynx

Can’t import from new Eon Core

Post by Wnpeugh »

Nick/all users.. Help!

Finally ditched the Liquivision computers and the multiple stage import process...

Just got two new Eon Core computers and made first dives today in the Philippines, I’m having trouble with import..
I can get them paired to my iPhone Bluetooth, I can’t get them to download to Mac-Dive

When I go to the Import section and add a new source, I get a notice that the computer is “Connected”, but then nothing more.
What am I doing wrong?

Bill
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Can’t import from new Eon Core

Post by nick »

Just try quitting/restarting, and then downloading again. Sometimes after pairing it won't immediately download on iOS (fine on macOS though, haven't quite gotten to the bottom of that).
Wnpeugh

Post by Wnpeugh »

The real problem was that I had initially paired my computers to the iPhone with Suunto DM5... stay away!
First things first, if you have two Suunto computers to connect, put the one you are not working with in “airplane mode”. Then pair the dive computer to the iPhone. Then connect with MacDive.
Works fine now.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Glad you got it working!

Note that once you connect in MacDive it will remember the specific device, so when you tap to import from that one again it won't look for others. Should be a bit easier on subsequent downloads. The pairing is definitely a little quirky, and annoying if you want to go between desktop/mobile etc.
Wnpeugh

Post by Wnpeugh »

Nick,
Is it possible to automatically assign imported dives to one particular diver based on the SN of the dive computer?

Bill
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Wnpeugh

Post by Wnpeugh »

Did that, was importing in iOS on a first gen iPad Pro.
They all import as William...

I would submit a screen grab but it comes up with a board quota error...
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Thinking about this, I think actually iOS might use the currently selected diver (if you go to Profile, that's the diver).

I will double-check. I can change it to use the owner more like macOS. Generally the selected diver is nicer on iOS since they're usually personal devices - at least more so before there was a proper iPad version. Maybe it doesn't make as much sense now.

I will double-check and get back to you.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yes, that is indeed the case. When downloading from an EON Steel/Core it simply uses the "active" diver. This is sort of a hangover from when it was only the iPhone (typically a personal device), but also an attempt to avoid the naff "Suunto Diver" sort of thing that the macOS version does.

I have changed this. It will now look up an existing device and use the Owner, as it would generally do on macOS, and fall back to the active diver if there's no existing device. I can upload a beta for you if you like.
Wnpeugh

Post by Wnpeugh »

No need to upload the beta. I’ll wait for the next release. Sadly, heading back to the states from the Philippines today!

“Naf”, there is a term I haven’t heard for a bit, since I last spoke to my brother in law from England!

As always, thanks.

Love your product. I keep telling people. Hopefully it is driving some new divers/customers your way.