new imported dives not showing renamed computer

Problems ? Get help here!
orangesarebetter

new imported dives not showing renamed computer

Post by orangesarebetter »

Hi, my wife and I both use the Shearwater Perdix AI. After our first dive trip we downloaded both computers into Macdive on the desktop. Macdive automatically created a tab(?) under COMPUTERS called Shearwater Perdix AI and all the dives from both of our computers are in there.

Next I went into GEAR and renamed each Shearwater Perdix AI a little so I could more easily keep the data organized, hoping that during the next download the dives from each computer would show up in a different tab.

New round of downloads after a dive trip resulted in Macdive correctly creating a new tab with my wife's computer name showing her dives. However, my own computer's dives still get put into the old combined tab that was originally created. What am I doing wrong please?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: new imported dives not showing renamed computer

Post by nick »

It seems like you’re trying to hijack “dives made with a particular type of computer” for the purpose of viewing “dives for a particular diver”, and having to hack various things to make it work.

Why not just use the sidebar filters for Diver, which sounds more like what you are trying to achieve?

If you really want to view dives for a specific device then add a smart log and filter on the type and serial number. The computers section doesn’t differentiate between multiple devices of the same model.