Dive numbering with new computer

Problems ? Get help here!
Kaojai
Dive Computer: Mares Nemo Wide 2

Dive numbering with new computer

Post by Kaojai »

I finally upgraded my dive computer from a Mares puck to a Mares Nemo Wide 2. That has been great and I am able to download the dives from my new Nemo Wide OK. However, the numbering is off in MacDive. The last dive with my Puck was number 330. I want my new dives downloaded from the Nemo Wide to start at 331. Instead, they are starting at 1. What can I do about this? I saw, under Preferences->Advanced, that there is a checkbox labeled "Number dives based on diver". I thought this would solve my problem, so I checked it then restarted MacDive and imported two new dives. Again, they were numbered 1 and 2. The checkbox did nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm using MacDive v 2.10.13
Thanks,
Kaojai
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Dive numbering with new computer

Post by nick »

The user guide covers numbering:

http://mac-dive.com/help/mac_02_02_numbering.php

Most likely the owner of your nemo wide was set to "mares diver" rather than your diver, so it was numbering for that diver. So change the owner, then it should do what you expect. Or, leave it as by-computer, and just renumber those two dives manually, and the new ones will increment. There's a bunch of different ways to solve it - read the user guide link and see what you prefer.

Reminds me I should look for an existing diver instead of making a new "Mares Diver", because ultimately that leads to most of this confusion. Bit of a barnacle left over from early on.
Kaojai

Post by Kaojai »

Ah, OK, I didn't realize that the dive computers had an owner attribute. It was set to "None" on my Nemo Wide 2, so I set it to the same Diver owner as my Puck. It was probably originally set to "New Diver", but I had deleted that diver when I noticed it a couple days ago. I was wondering where that had come from. Mystery solved. I'll be diving again tomorrow so I'll update this thread with the result once I download the new dives. Thank you for the fast response.
Cheers,
Kaojai
Kaojai

Post by Kaojai »

That fixed my issue. Dives are importing with the numbering I expect now. Thanks for the help.
Cheers,
Kaojai
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Awesome, glad you got it working.

Removing the extra new diver is on my list to fix - the iOS version is already less stupid about this.
ROCCO
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop dive

Post by ROCCO »

Thank you nick for providing the solution to change owner of it. I have been facing the same issue but its fixed now.. Thanks again