Junk Data - how to hide

Problems ? Get help here!
taylorharris50

Junk Data - how to hide

Post by taylorharris50 »

I loaned my computer to a family member. Now when I sync my computer it keeps pulling in her dives. Deleting the dives doesn't help bc they get pulled back in. Is there a way to mark the dives as junk in the software?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Junk Data - how to hide

Post by nick »

No.

Set your import mode to “only new dives”. Next time you do a dive, delete them, and then they will no longer be downloaded in the future.
espenmoe
Dive Computer: Suunto Eon Steel

Post by espenmoe »

I have the same problem. But when I delete the dive I don't want, every time I do a new import it keeps popping in back.

Import is set to only new dives, and I use iphone with latest software.

Hope you can help me.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

It will stop downloading when it finds an existing dive. If you delete the latest and then download again, yes, it will bring it back. But once you do a NEW dive, it won't go back any further than that, so this should just pop back in once unnecessarily. So the simple fix would be to just stop trying to download until you've done a new dive. At that point, delete it, and then it should no longer go back as far as that dive because there will be something newer to stop it.

There's no simple way to "fix" this other than rewrite the import interface entirely to have an extra confirmation step or something. Which I've resisted to this point, as it seems a bit clunky - how often are you logging dives that aren't actually dives?
Bollar
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Post by Bollar »

FWIW, I have a diver profile created for dives from a backup computer, dives from when I loaned a computer to someone else and junk dives. Then I use smart logs to separate out the real dives for each diver.
espenmoe
Dive Computer: Suunto Eon Steel

Post by espenmoe »

nick wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:54 am how often are you logging dives that aren't actually dives?
Not often ;-)

Thx a lot for clerifying!