Divecomputer Buddy - Vyper Air

Problems ? Get help here!
Conyous
Dive Computer: Vyper Air

Divecomputer Buddy - Vyper Air

Post by Conyous »

Hello there!

I've got a big concern related to my DC Buddy and my Vyper Air.
I'm glad that you are supporting Downloads via this device to your iOS app MacDive BUT
this only works very very rarely. Typical Error 5, or DC Buddy not connected, .... I know you've described some helpful things here at the forum - which I've all tried - but haven't helped at all. And no, the battery is not empty.

But the best thing is, that in other apps the DC Buddy works at once with my Vyper Air. ALWAYS!

So my Problem is now, that I really love your MacDive Apps - no matter it's in my iPhone or in my Mac - and I appreciate the possibility to use the DC Buddy. I don't want to switch to a different app. And that is why I'm asking you for help, because the problem must be related to MacDive iOS, otherwise my DC Buddy wouldn't work with other apps so problem-free.

Thanks for your help!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Divecomputer Buddy - Vyper Air

Post by nick »

MacDive actually works the same way the official divePal app does, so it shouldn't be any different. Perhaps it needs some extra retries or something.

Please email support. I am currently busy with some large updates (iPhone + Mac) but once they are done, we can look at working on improving the connectivity.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Conyous

Post by Conyous »

:(
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hello,

Could you please elaborate on your reply? I'd like to help improve the experience for you, I don't really understand what the sad face means.

I'm sorry if asking you for more information is inconvenient. Unfortunately I do not actually have physical access to a Vyper Air, so I cannot test it myself.

I apologise if I have offended you. I have another user with a Vyper Air. I will put all current updates for other users on hold and contact him and work through some debugging steps.

Sorry again that you are experiencing problems. We will solve this as soon as we can.

Thanks for your understanding.
MacDive Support
Conyous

Post by Conyous »

So which Information do you need? I've explained what my problem is. I can't reproduce it because there is no sheme behind it. Sometimes the connection is super and it downloads all my dives at once at the firts time, and 5 hours later I get the error 5 message or no Connection.

Especially when I change the device Problems come up. Sometimes I connect with my second iPhone and the MacDive app there, because it should not make a difference where I download the dives because they will Sync via Dropbox, but changing devices is obviously the biggst mistake because the DC Buddy won't work for days on any device - even on the iPhone it worked 1h ago.

Sharing the DC Buddy with my divebuddy is the same result (on my side). He uses the DiveLog app, also a Vyper Air and the Connection works at once an always BUT if he returns the DCB to me, I have the same problems I've described to you.

I've found out, that the the DCB connects via Blutooth every time correctly, but if it wants to open the ports the Divecomputer doesn't go to the transmitting Data Mode. And sometimes it does enter transmitting mode, but for hours and nothing is happening.
My divebuddy tried to uses the macdive App on his iphone Too, experiencing the Same problems I have. But with DiveLog it works Fine.

So in my view the Problem is not the Bluetooth connection, but bringing the Divecomputer to enter transmission mode and to open the ports.

Sorry i can't tell you more Details.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned we have reached out to some of our TestFlight users to work through some debugging steps.

Thanks for your patience.