DiveLogDT to MacDive migration - how?

Problems ? Get help here!
jarold
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro

DiveLogDT to MacDive migration - how?

Post by jarold »

Hi Guys,

Bought MacDive in the past but really wanted the iPhone integration, which I found with DiveLogDT (Mac/iOS app) so haven't been using MacDive, however...

Your new iOS app looks great & so I thought it might be time to switch but I can't see any easy way to migrate all my info from DivLogDT to MacDive. The DiveLogDT export function only exports to DL7 & the backup backs up to SQL. I can't see either of these options in the Load Dives or import option

Is there an easy way?

Many thanks

jarold
Ken
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Re: DiveLogDT to MacDive migration - how?

Post by Ken »

I think you could actually use MacDive for Mac's iOS Sync to get all your dives from Dive Log for iPhone. I've done that in the past on a different machine.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

As Ken says, yeah you can actually sync directly with Dive Log on the phone which will grab all your data. Or, you should be able to drag/drop the exported database file (as long as it ends with .sql) and MacDive can also read that directly.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I think Nick's way is better.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Perhaps you could pass this on to my wife as a piece of general advice? I can't seem to get that to stick.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

But seriously, either way is fine - behind the scenes mostly the same thing happens when you use either of these methods. The manual drag/drop way avoids a bunch of checking if anything needs to be merged etc, so I'd probably opt for that, but it's not a big deal.

Let me know if you have any issues though.
jarold

Post by jarold »

Thanks for the quick response guys :-)
Dragged the .sql file & that got the dives across (though no diver, used gear, water type, current, surface conditions, air temperature or dive operator) & some of the site data came across (though all Lat/Longs came across as 0/0 & water type, difficulty, body of water & images didn't make it) also no gear or buddies or certifications. Guess I'm gonna have to do some copy/paste.
Still trying to work out how to sync to MacDive for iOS since my Mac is signed into my wifes DropBox - any chance you might offer straight wifi sync (like DiveLogDT)?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Most of that info should come over. You could try doing it via the iOS sync with Dive Log to see if that works any better? You could also email me the SQL file, I can take a look at why that information is not coming across correctly. Most of it is intended to.

As for WiFi sync, maybe. Right now as an alternative you can copy your data in manually using iTunes File Sharing, though that won't automatically update, you'd need to maintain it which would be annoying.

It shouldn't actually matter about your wifes account though. You should be able to authenticate with yours, and then swap back to hers (I *think* - I have not actually tested this personally). For example:
  • Log out of her account, and log in to yours
  • Enable syncing in MacDive, and authenticate/connect to Dropbox
  • Now log out, and log back in as her
  • Check that things still sync as expected via your account
I could be wrong. But once it's linked, it might actually work. I can test this out myself tonight to double-check.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'd suggest each having your own account on the Mac. Easier to keep your accounts and such separate.
jarold

Post by jarold »

Thanks guys, I'll check it out