Suunto Stinger problem with importing dives to Macdive

Problems ? Get help here!
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Re: Suunto Stinger problem with importing dives to Macdive

Post by TnT »

marcogiornetti wrote: [0.000855] ../../source/examples/universal.c:973: No matching device found.
That's because you executed the application with the wrong options. Oops, I forgot to mention that. The correct options are:

Code: Select all

universal.exe -v -l vyper-dump.log -m vyper.bin -b vyper <COMx>
universal.exe -v -l vyper-dives.log -d vyper.xml -b vyper <COMx>
Replace <COMx> with the correct COM port. The first one is for downloading a full memory dump, and the second one for downloading the dives.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
marcogiornetti
Dive Computer: SUUNTO Stinger

Post by marcogiornetti »

Hi thanks for replying.
I am a bit confused as I am not a IT tech. Where should I type those commands? On the windows based pc when i double click the test nothing pops up. It just runs the test but there is nothing where to eidit or inpout commands.

So where and when should I type those commands?

Thanks
Marco
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

It's a command-line application. You first have to start the Windows Command Prompt, make sure the universal.exe is located the current directory (move it if that's not the case), and then type the command (I recommend copy-and-past to avoid typos).
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
marcogiornetti

Post by marcogiornetti »

Hi all I run both the tests (vyper dives and vyper dump) and in both cases I got positive results (success).

I sent to support@macdive both tests output. So, according to your previous post these results suggest that the problem in on the Mac driver, correct?

Looking forward to your reply.
Cheers,
Marco
marcogiornetti

Post by marcogiornetti »

Hi Jef and Nick
I did as you suggested: uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the drivers again but still no success on Macdive. I still can not download my dives from my stinger. I also wrote to prolific support: from their side I didn't get anything.

Interestingly, however, I downloaded also Subsurface to see whether it would work. Guess what? It works. Perfectly. Please find attached two shots from my screen.
So this should rule out also the possibility that the problem is in the cable/connector/docking station.
What can we do next?
Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,

Marco
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 16.27.01.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 16.20.27.png
marcogiornetti

Post by marcogiornetti »

Hi all, got some positive developments.

This sunday I tried a last attempt as follow:

i) following Nick's suggestion I uninstalled everything (Mac dive, drivers, and everything related). For each uninstalling I rebooted my Mac (3 reboots).
ii) I installed again everything in the following order: a) Macdive; b) Prolifc driver; c) third party driver. Following each installation I reeboted the Mac (again 3 reboots);
iii) I to connected again everything BEFORE LAUNCHING Macdive and this time worked. :D :D :D :D :D

So I have been able to download on both Subsurface (as I succesfully did the previous day) and on Macdive.

What is interesting to notice is that now both Macdive and Subsurface see a different port: named /dev/tty.usb1004. However, in order to succesfully download dives I have to (manually) select the port named /dev/tty.usb2006 which was already present before but didnt work at all. Macdive downloaded and numerated almost all dives (2014 correctly numerated in their sequence number, while 2015 dives have a ID number equal to 0). Please find attached a screenshot.

To sum up: it works but I dont really know why and how :lol: :lol:. I dont event know if the uninstalling/rebooting/reinstallling/rebooting thing has anythig to do as I did it before and it didnt work. But the most important thing for me is that now it works!

I really wish to thank Jeff and Nick and everyone at Macdive which helped me out of this mess and guided me in doing tests and other stuff that I am not familiar with.

Now looking forward to my next dive!!!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 12.13.37.png