Path to photos changed

Problems ? Get help here!
Sergio
Dive Computer: Suunto d6i

Path to photos changed

Post by Sergio »

I had to move my user directory to a different drive and with that the path to it changed. Mac-Dive has no issues with the actual log, but the photos are not being shown anymore (just a blank document). Is there a way to tell Mac-Dive where the new base-path to the photos is?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Path to photos changed

Post by nick »

Hi,

The path is not important. The photos are all stored relative to your MacDive data folder. So, one of two things is likely happening.

1. You didn't copy the photos over to the new drive (which seems unlikely).

2. You copied data from a very old version of MacDive, which didn't store the photos properly.

The solution to 2) is to update to the latest MacDive on your old drive first so that the photos are all upgraded properly, and then move the data over to the new drive. This will retain the paths. The version that had this issue was very old, however, so this may also not be the case.

If you continue to have issues, please send me a screenshot of your MacDive data folder (with the Photos folders expanded so I can see the filenames etc) and also a copy of your MacDive.sqlite data file.

But those are some of the only reasons you would encounter this issue.

Thanks
Sergio
Dive Computer: Suunto d6i

Post by Sergio »

The photos seem to be there. Unfortunately I cannot upgrade Mac-Dive on the old drive as it died. That's the reason I had to reinstall from a backup on a new drive.

You mentioning the database file however did help me fix it. I simply edited the database directly deleting all the records in ZDIVEIMAGE and then importing all the photos from the 'Dive Images' folder. The photos are showing up again.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Editing the database directly may lead to unexpected side effects in the future. It would be better to delete them via the application itself.

But, glad you got it resolved.