Sync/Merge/Join MacDive & Dive Log

Problems ? Get help here!
Robert
Dive Computer: Suunto

Sync/Merge/Join MacDive & Dive Log

Post by Robert »

Hi

I'm trying to merge dives I have in Dive Log and the imported computer data in Mac Dive.
It is creating new dives with the same dive number and date/time but the data is not merrged.
Have also tried the Join function but this overwrites all the data that comes from Dive Log, leaving me with a dive identical to the imported data from the dive computer.

Hope you can help with this.

BR
/robert
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Sync/Merge/Join MacDive & Dive Log

Post by nick »

If you read the help, then it explains that the dive time has to match, and if there is a dive computer specified, it has to match. If it's blank that's no problem. Eg, if you have "Atom 2" in Dive Log and "Oceanic Atom 2" in MacDive, it will consider them different. Either delete the value from Dive Log, or ensure they match.

Most likely you enabled Syncing, got the Summary, and just clicked "Sync" without checking what it was going to do. In this case, you need to fix the dive.

1. Delete the duplicate dive(s)
2. In MacDive, on the dive you want to match, right click and choose "Reset Sync ID".
3. Ensure the dive time matches, and also the dive computer if you've specified it
4. Enable syncing in MacDive and Dive Log
5. Before clicking "Sync", verify that the dive has found a match, instead of saying it will create a new one.

Again see the help for more information on various steps, but that's the general jist of it.

Thanks
Robert
Dive Computer: Suunto

Post by Robert »

Date and time are 100% indentical.
Will try the other suggestions.

Thnks
/robert
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

If you continue to have problems after trying those steps, please email support and include your MacDive.sqlite data file, and a backup of your Dive Log data. I can take a look and see exactly what is going on.
scuba14
Dive Computer: Suunto D4

Post by scuba14 »

Try following the steps outlined here:

https://chadheise.wordpress.com/2015/12 ... -computer/
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

There are a number of long-overdue improvements to syncing coming in the next major update. Not too long to wait!