Importing Sensus Pro dives to MacDive

Problems ? Get help here!
photoshark
Dive Computer: VT pro

Importing Sensus Pro dives to MacDive

Post by photoshark »

It there a way to import dives from my Sensus Pro dive log to MacDive. Both are are on my imac running Lion. I have downloaded dives from my VT pro to MacDive but I can't download my Sensus Pro dives? Thanks
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Importing Sensus Pro dives to MacDive

Post by nick »

Not currently, sorry. From memory you can export data from the Sensus app, that could then be converted to a format MacDive recognises.
GKirkaldie
Dive Computer: Suunto D9, Reefnet

Post by GKirkaldie »

The Sensus Manager program exports data in a .csv format, how would I go about converting to a MacDive format? My D9 seems to have gone stupid on me, so need to grab off my backup Sensus Ultra
GKirkaldie

Post by GKirkaldie »

So, I figured out that if I set MacDive to download dives that haven't been imported, it will download the dives that I need. It will still only do it one dive at a time though, but given enough import cycles/errors, it will actually get what you need.

Also, figured out my D9 problem, I had it set for 1 second updates for a dive I did, that I wanted an accurate profile for, (Washing Machine in Bahamas) and it took up all my memory which is why it seemed to have lost dives on me.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Indeed, using a 1 second sample interval will severely limit the number of dives you can store!
GKirkaldie

Post by GKirkaldie »

It was a crazy dive, 40ft to 10ft in 10 seconds, back down to 30ft, then up to 10 again. It was an interesting dive, everyones computers alarming as we were being tossed around. I knew things would happen fast, and wanted a quick update on the dive profile. I didn't realize how quick the memory would fill up at 1S updates.

I'm just glad I had the Sensus as a backup, and that I managed to download the dives that were missing.