[SOLVED] Mares IconHD Net Ready no longer connects correctly

Problems ? Get help here!
nthenagels
Dive Computer: Macbook Pro

[SOLVED] Mares IconHD Net Ready no longer connects correctly

Post by nthenagels »

Hi!

After installing the usb drivers Mac Dive could find and connect with my Icon HD NR. I fiddled around a bit with importing and exporting the data between different logbook programs and messed it up. So i decided to import the raw data again, from the Icon to MacDive. But it didn't work anymore! Prior to the failure, the only other program which used the usb connection to the Icon was Mares DiversDiary, which stopped working with the Icon as well. In short: It used to work with all, now it stopped working with any. :(

I did the required test, but the log reads inconclusive:

[0.000501] DATETIME 2013-03-20T18:04:34Z (1363802674)
[0.000533] VERSION 0.4.0-devel (63d0f4175820b82dc69b794eedd68f5e1a8d7aca)
[0.000537] DEVICE=/dev/tty.usbmodem01234561
[0.000539] MODEL=0x00
[0.000551] mares_iconhd_device_open
[0.000710] INFO: Configure: baudrate=256000, databits=8, parity=0, stopbits=1, flowcontrol=0
[0.000765] INFO: Timeout: value=1000
[0.000772] INFO: DTR: value=0
[0.000790] INFO: RTS: value=0
[0.000799] INFO: Flush: queue=3, input=0, output=0
[0.000939] INFO: Write: size=2, data=C267
[1.002049] INFO: Read: size=0, data=
[1.002073] ERROR: Failed to receive the answer. [in ../../source/src/mares_iconhd.c:130 (mares_iconhd_transfer)]
[1.002808] ../../source/examples/mares_iconhd_test.c:43: Error opening serial port.
[1.002824]
SUMMARY
[1.002827] -------
[1.002829] test_dump_memory: Timeout

MacDive gives me this Error-Code:

Failed connecting to dive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.usbmodem01234561' (Error Code: -7)

Does anyone have an idea of what i should try to get i all working again? Deleted all concerned programs + usb-driver and reinstalled them, without success.
Leaving in a desperate manner.. :(
NT
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Mares Icon HD Net Ready no longer connects correctly

Post by nick »

If it doesn't work in Divers Diary, it probably won't work in MacDive.

Do you have a low battery?
nthenagels

Post by nthenagels »

No, its charged to 99% and the MBP is connected to the power-cord. The wierd part is, that it used to work, like 5 hours ago, with virtually no changes on the software/driver part...

So you don't have an clue on where to look next in order to fix it?

Thanks,
NT
honigferd
Dive Computer: D6, VyperAir, F10 V2

Post by honigferd »

I think the "low battery" was referring to your dive computer, not the MacBook. :)
Twitter - Web
CMAS** scuba diver / CMAS*** free diver
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I didn't say I didn't have any further idea, I simply asked if you had low battery. And yes, I was referring to the Icon HD, not your macbook pro. This is a common symptom of low battery. So does your Icon have a low battery?
nthenagels

Post by nthenagels »

Sorry, that i was not clear on that, my mistake. The Icon is fully charged (99%) and entered the USB-connection-mode (as seen on its display).

And thank god that you didn't dismiss the case already. ;)

Remaining hopeful,
NT
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

So what else has changed in the last 5 hours? Did you upgrade your OS? Do you have Divers Diary AND MacDive running? (This can cause issues in some cases.) Are you using a USB hub?

Have you tried everything else in the help under Troubleshooting Downloads? Have you tried rebooting your computer? Are you sure the cable and connectors are not damaged and not wet?
nthenagels

Post by nthenagels »

Let me think..

-Yes, i had macdive, diversdiary and divelog dt running at the same time and in various combinations at some point in time during these last hours.
-I deleted (manually) and reinstalled the SiLabs USB Drivers.
-Cable remained dry, clean and well-connected during the whole time, no usb-hub or other devices connected
-Initially the connection did not work, various (seemingly random) reboots helped. Up to now, however, i had no luck on replicating this success.
-I downloaded the MacDive Beta and copied it over the regular version i bought, and back again

Other than that i can not think of any major/relevant changes made to any part of the setup... :?

Edith: Troubleshooting downloads were worked through (including wiggling..), without success.
Edith II: Using any of the programs stated above alone did not work out either.
Edith III: I just realized that my fiancé has the same dive computer + cable + laptop. Will check out all possible combinations in order to eliminate error-sources and then report back. Any ideas in the meantime?
nthenagels

Post by nthenagels »

Sorry for double posting:

The Icon HD NetReady of my fiancé works -ceteris paribus- with my setup without any problem. Downloads all dives. Then i connected my dive computer again (same cables, same everything, just switched dive computers), and i does not work.
They have the same firmware, just checked. The only difference in treatment the had was that mine crashed once (import didn't close, all dive-data was copied though. Program was killed via alt-cmd-esc).

That seems quite puzzling to me. Nick, do you have any thoughts on this? I sure as hell don't. O.o
Anyone?

NT
nthenagels

Post by nthenagels »

It works again. Solution:

Mares Icon HD NetReady Menu:
-Settings
-About Icon HD
-Factory Reset

--> Everything works like a charm

Thank you all for your time invested into my problem. Really appreciate it!

NT

Edit: I don't know how to change the topic in SOLVED. Maybe an mod can close and change the thead-name accordingly?