Bug Report (?) : Time Zones (minor but very annoying)

Problems ? Get help here!
KC-10A
Dive Computer: Oceanic Geo 2

Bug Report (?) : Time Zones (minor but very annoying)

Post by KC-10A »

Hey guys!

Long-time user, first time caller, blah blah blah you hear it all the time.

Currently on a nice little deployment from the states, somewhere in "Southwest Asia."

Decided to edit and add a bunch of dives that I've done in the past, from scans in the logbook, etc.

I'm from near New York, and all the dives I'm trying to add are from that time zone. However, when I edit the dives, MacDive keeps assigning the "Asia - Dubai" time zone to the field, which is continually messing up all the times that I've entered!!

Okay, no big deal, right? I can just change the time zone back to "America - New York," re-input the times, and let it be saved, right??

Unfortunately not. Every time I am scrolling through dives on the edit page, it would re-assign each one I've inputted to the Dubai time zone.

I'm assuming it's because my Macbook is set to Dubai time, since that's the timezone I'm currently deployed in.
The only fix I've found is to change my Mac's time zone manually to New York, and then the MacDive timezones stay in New York.

But then: all the dives that I'm trying to edit for OTHER time zones, keep going to New York!

So my big question: Is this a annoying bug, or some auto-convert feature that I don't quite fully understand how to use...?

Other than that, MacDive has been pretty rad to use. I'll post a few feature requests (*cough*rebreather support) sometime in the proper forum.

Thanks for being awesome, guys and making a (mostly) kickass product! ;)

- Chris
USAF KC-10A aircrew
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Bug Report (?) : Time Zones (minor but very annoying)

Post by nick »

Download the beta (linked off the news page on the main site) which should resolve this issue.

If it doesn't, please email me (email in sig) with your MacDive.sqlite file and I'll take a look. The beta should sort it, though.
eliotf
Dive Computer: D9tx

Post by eliotf »

nick wrote:Download the beta (linked off the news page on the main site) which should resolve this issue.

If it doesn't, please email me (email in sig) with your MacDive.sqlite file and I'll take a look. The beta should sort it, though.
I am currently running 2.1.1 and am having the same timezone issues. Is this Beta after 2.1.1? I ask because you post the 2.1.1 release after the beta announcement on the news page.

Thanks
Wish I was diving.
eliotf
Dive Computer: D9tx

Post by eliotf »

eliotf wrote:
nick wrote:Download the beta (linked off the news page on the main site) which should resolve this issue.

I am currently running 2.1.1 and am having the same timezone issues. Is this Beta after 2.1.1? I ask because you post the 2.1.1 release after the beta announcement on the news page.

Thanks
So I downloaded the Beta and it seems to be 2.1.1 and my timezone issues are still at large.

When I change the timezone in my time prefs it changes all the dive times in mac dive.

Thanks.
Wish I was diving.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I'll take a look. I fixed some more TZ stuff in the upcoming new release.