Data Migration to DiveLog / iPad

Problems ? Get help here!
dbaresrc
Dive Computer: Oceanic ProPlus 2.1

Data Migration to DiveLog / iPad

Post by dbaresrc »

I was under the impression that MacDive could synchronize directly with the iPad DiveLog program from MoreMobile. I thought it would be cool because I could make changes on iPad or MacDive and have the two programs recognize the changes. I think I may be wrong.

From what I'm reading, it looks like I first have to export from MacDive to a flat file, then import into the DiveLog desktop software, THEN into the iPad, is that correct? As such, synchronization, such that it is, will be uni-directional correct??

Thanks
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Data Migration to DiveLog / iPad

Post by nick »

No, that's not correct. Not sure what you are reading but try MacDive's help which explains how to sync, natively and bidirectionally, within MacDive itself.
dbaresrc
Dive Computer: Oceanic ProPlus 2.1

Post by dbaresrc »

nick wrote:No, that's not correct. Not sure what you are reading but try MacDive's help which explains how to sync, natively and bidirectionally, within MacDive itself.
I did that but it doesn't work. I enabled sync'ing on iO/S DiveLog. I click iO/S Sync in MacDive. I have 25 dives in MacDive. Nothing goes over to the iPad.

I made a couple of small changes in DiveLog on the iPad (dive certification and a buddy), tried sync'ing again and nothing came into MacDive.
Attachments
Setup screen for sync
Setup screen for sync
List of dives in MacDive
List of dives in MacDive
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Did you click "use new logbook" in Dive Log?