Manually adding tank pressure data

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
simont

Manually adding tank pressure data

Post by simont »

Hi,
I'm using an unsupported Dacor computer with Mac-Dive. I can import dives using Diving Log for PC and then exporting in UDCF, however the tank pressure data is missing. My computer saves a depth sample every 20s, and a pressure sample every 1min (they are real sample, non interpolated from the starting and final pressure). I can export the pressure sample using the original Mares/Dacor IRIS software, but how can I import them in Mac-Dive? I tried to manually fill the "raw" table with some data, but Mac-Dive still says that there is no pressure info.

Thanks,
Simone
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Manually adding tank pressure data

Post by nick »

This is not currently possible, sorry.

I could potentially add an optional pressure attribute to UDCF, but do you really want to edit all of that information manually?
simont

Post by simont »

well, not manually, but if it would be possibile to add the profile to an existing dive, for instance from a CSV file, it would be great.

Thanks,
Simone
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

You could always use the suunto SDE format, which does support pressure and is much better.

Would that work?
simont

Post by simont »

Unfortunately I can export pressure data only from the original IRIS software, and it does support only Excel or txt files.

Up to know I have to: acquire the dive with the IRIS software, import into Diving Log for PC (which reads the IRIS archive, but not the pressure data :-( ), then export into UDCF, and finally import in MacDive
mamax
Dive Computer: Suunto

Post by mamax »

Hi,

Simont, when you export from IRIS software in Excel or txt file, is your presure data included?
the IRIS.

Could you send to me some files sample (IRIS file, Excel, and text).
Il can see to write a script to convert to SDE file you can import with mac-dive
simont

Post by simont »

I'll send you the files later.

Thanks
simont

Post by simont »

Could you give me an email to send you the files? I tried with a PM, but the forum refuses both xls and mdb files (and also zip ones).
Thanks
mamax
Dive Computer: Suunto

Post by mamax »

Hi,

I didn't find an easy and fast solution for your case.
To import all you need into mac-dive, it's necessary to create an suunto SDE file (it's a xml file that mac-dive import quite well)

below, the 2 solutions I propose:

One solution is to create an SDE file with only tank and depth informations. but in this case when you will import the dive, you will lose all other informations and you will have to entrer manually.

The other solution is more complicated:
it consist of merging into a SDE File, the UDCF you can generate with dive log and the tank and depth information.