Adjust Dive Start time

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Riger
Dive Computer: Galileo

Adjust Dive Start time

Post by Riger »

Hi Nick,

Occasionally, I neglect to adjust my Dive Computer when changing time zones. As a result, the incorrect time is stored in the dive profile and all the associated outputs.

Would it be possible to include an option to select multiple dives in MacDive and to adjust (all) their start times by a certain value in Hours and Minutes.

In a related posting in the Support Section, I asked if the dive start time was used as a unique identifier, in which case this might pose a problem for subsequent downloads.

Thanks in advance

Richard
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Adjust Dive Start time

Post by nick »

Proper time zone support is in the next update, and yes you can select multiple dives and correct their timezone.
Riger

Post by Riger »

Nick,

That's excellent news!!

Would it be possible to include a user defined adjustment too? I am thinking of the times that the computer clock was not reset after a battery change or the computer time had slipped out of sync over a period of time.

Best Regards

Richard
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

You can already edit the time, and yes, the new version lets you change between timezones.
Riger

Post by Riger »

nick wrote:You can already edit the time, and yes, the new version lets you change between timezones.
Sorry, what I meant to say was ....

Would it be possible to include a user defined adjustment that allows multiple dives to be adjusted simultaneously too?

Loving the program btw..

Regards

Richard
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ah, ok. Will have to see if there's a nice way to include something like this.
cowboydoc
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Post by cowboydoc »

Is there a plan to rename the timezones? The feature is great but it can be very confusing trying to figure out which choice equals which timezone (America/St. Lucia = Atlantic Standard Time = GMT-4). Maybe the GMT equivalent could be added or use the UTC naming conventions (Eastern Standard Time, Eastern Daylight Savings Time, etc...)

Great job on the interface overall. MacDive is a first class product.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I appreciate they're not the most userfriendly - they're just a list straight from the OS. Maybe there's a better/simpler list of them though with just the major GMT offsets. I'll have a look.