Wrong/Strange Raw-data and strange Events

Problems ? Get help here!
mccoy
Dive Computer: Suunto D4

Wrong/Strange Raw-data and strange Events

Post by mccoy »

Hi!

I'm new to the MacDive (version 2.0.6 on MacBookPro, Mac OS X 10.6.8) and I'm still learning, but there are a couple of things I don't understand.
  • In the detail section of a dive there is a field "Raw" that sometimes shows "Surface"-event even though the actual depth is greater than 1,2 meter. (See the example below) Why?
    Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 13.02.31.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 13.02.31.png (80.31 KiB) Viewed 5440 times
  • Another question is about Temperature that is rather randomly or not at all registered.
    Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 13.06.36.png
  • And the last question I can't find any answer to is what does following Event mean:
    Attention
    Heading
    RGBM Warning
    Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 13.36.14.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 13.36.14.png (34.28 KiB) Viewed 5440 times
Hope you can sort this out :) and thanks for otherwise very nice program.

Best regards
/anna
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Wrong/Strange Raw-data and strange Events

Post by nick »

mccoy wrote:
  • In the detail section of a dive there is a field "Raw" that sometimes shows "Surface"-event even though the actual depth is greater than 1,2 meter. (See the example below) Why?
    Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 13.02.31.png
Typically these are registered when you cross a certain threshold. I am assuming this is a suunto, what model is it?
[*]Another question is about Temperature that is rather randomly or not at all registered.
Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 13.06.36.png
Again depending on model, the temperature data does not exist and is set to 0.
[*]And the last question I can't find any answer to is what does following Event mean:
Attention
Heading
RGBM Warning
Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 13.36.14.png
[/list]
Attention and RGBM warning are both an indication that the device was telling you to extend your surface interval, and has therefore adjusted its deco algorithm to be a little more conservative.

Heading is when you lock a compass heading on your device.
mccoy
Dive Computer: Suunto D4

Post by mccoy »

Thank you for the answers :)

The computer I use is a Suunto D4. You said that the "Surface"-events are registered when I cross a certain threshold. The part of the dive I send you as example was at the depth between 26 and 23 meters, not even near the surface ;) Other dives with similar profile are not "chunked" by "Surface"-event, so this doesn't seem to depend on passed thesholds.

Regarding temperature the data is registred in my computer (Suunto D4) and can be seen when viewed on the computer but for some reason some parts of the data for some dives are not transmitted to Mac Dive.

And the last thing - the "Heading"-event - there is no compass in Suunto D4..... So where are the "Heading"-events commig from???

Best regards
/anna
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

Can you send us a memory dump of your D4? Instructions are available in this topic: http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=407. You need the d9 test app for your D4.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
mamax
Dive Computer: Suunto

Post by mamax »

Hello,

I have a Suunto Vyper 2, and some times I got also surface alarms in the middle of the dive.

Il will send you a message when I will got it in the future
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Looks like Suunto Dive Manager interprets the data the same way.