iPhone & iPod Touch

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: iPhone & iPod Touch

Post by nick »

Greg and I are working on something. For the new release (2.0) I may have something temporary in place, with proper native syncing for 2.1. It will be one of the first things I start working on once 2.0 is out.

For now I need to just finish up as it's got so many bug fixes and improvements that I really would like to get out there and I'm trying not to add in anything new.
Sbeck110
Dive Computer: Suunto D4

Post by Sbeck110 »

Hi Nick & Greg,

Both your applications are great - a real gift to the diving Apple community!

A closer integratiion / synch of the two would even be better, and Dive Log as a Universal App for iPhone & iPad the cream on top!

BTW: Is there already any (predefined) topic in then 'Requests' forum for requesting the support of new dive comps? It would be great if the new Suunto Zoop could be supported for import as well - planning to give them to my both sons as a present before our next dive trip... ;)
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Sbeck110 wrote:Hi Nick & Greg,

Both your applications are great - a real gift to the diving Apple community!

A closer integratiion / synch of the two would even be better, and Dive Log as a Universal App for iPhone & iPad the cream on top!

BTW: Is there already any (predefined) topic in then 'Requests' forum for requesting the support of new dive comps? It would be great if the new Suunto Zoop could be supported for import as well - planning to give them to my both sons as a present before our next dive trip... ;)
There's a "required test data" topic that I haven't updated. I haven't found anyone with a zoop that can help, yet - one guy got in touch, but has Snow Leopard+Custom Idea Cable so can't run the test (CustomIdea don't currently have a driver for snow leopard as their vendor hasn't provided it).

If you have access to a Zoop, I'd love to get some data and get it added to Macdive 2.

Feel free to start new topics though - no drama at all.
Sbeck110
Dive Computer: Suunto D4

Post by Sbeck110 »

Hi Nick,

Will upload ZOOP data as soon as we're back from Layang Layang in 2nd week of June. I have the Suunto cable and SL USB drivers, so shouldn't be a problem.

At the moment the comps are still brand new and no data on them, so wouldn't make sense to down-/upload anything, right?

Cheers
Stefan
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Sbeck110 wrote:Hi Nick,

Will upload ZOOP data as soon as we're back from Layang Layang in 2nd week of June. I have the Suunto cable and SL USB drivers, so shouldn't be a problem.

At the moment the comps are still brand new and no data on them, so wouldn't make sense to down-/upload anything, right?

Cheers
Stefan
An empty memory dump is also very useful - if you could try now while it's empty, and then another when you get back, that would be great.

Follow the instructions here:

http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14

Start off with "vyper2" as per the instructions and we'll see how that goes. If it doesn't work, you can try "d9", and if that still doesn't work then "vyper".

Let me know how you get on!
ArcticMoose
Dive Computer: D9/DataMask

Post by ArcticMoose »

Wow, this sounds absolutely great, can't wait to get it all up and running!
carot75
Dive Computer: D4

Post by carot75 »

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying an iPad and I will do so only if I have the possibility to connect directly my Suunto dive computer to the iPad using the Apple USB adaptor designed for in order to download my dives without computer exactly like a camera can be connected to the iPad to download photos.

Can you please develop that functionality so I can buy an iPad ;) ?

Thanks in advance

Caro
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

You will not be able to do this.

And I have no plans to work on iPhone/iPad versions of MacDive. You can get DiveLog from http://www.moremobilesoftware.com for them though, and sync your data.
ralphkill
Dive Computer: Suunto D6

Post by ralphkill »

gregm wrote:Hi,

I'm the developer of Dive Log for iPhone. I just joined this forum and wanted to address a couple of the questions that were asked on this thread.

First, I'm certainly not "mad" at Nick! Anything but ... Nick has been very helpful making sure that I have the information necessary to do a good job of importing MacDive data into Dive Log on iPhone. I noticed that some people are taking a route through UDCF. While this works, you can get much better data fidelity importing directly from MacDive's database. Dive Log Manager provides this as one of the import options along side UDCF. You can get more details here: http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/Dive_ ... pdate.html

Dive Log on iPhone does support the ability to capture a digital signature. You can have your student scribe their signature right on the iPhone screen.

The current version of Dive Log on iPhone will also run on the iPad in compatibility mode. I do plan to update Dive Log on iPhone to also run natively on the iPad in the near future.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg McLaughlin
More Mobile Software
I read that, and tried to import something other than a UDCF and couldn't get it to work.

What do I do to import directly from macdive to dive log?

I have version 1.3 of dive log manager and 2.01 of macdive. I get a message saying macdive is not installed or it's logbook cannot be found.
Just been on the dive manager site and it appears I need dive manager 2, looks like I'll have to wait.
Last edited by ralphkill on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lionel
Dive Computer: Mares Puck

Post by lionel »

ralphkill wrote:
I read that, and tried to import something other than a UDCF and couldn't get it to work.

What do I do to import directly from macdive to dive log?

I have version 1.3 of dive log manager and 2.01 of macdive. I get a message saying macdive is not installed or it's logbook cannot be found
You have to use Dive Log Manager 2.0 Beta in order to import MacDive 2 data. It available at
http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/Dive_ ... _Beta.html

HTH,

Lionel