UDDF/UDCF

Problems ? Get help here!
Riger
Dive Computer: Galileo

UDDF/UDCF

Post by Riger »

Hi there,

If I am able to convert my dive computer data to UDDF or UDCF, can this be imported into MacDive?

If this is not possible at the moment, is it being planned for? and if so, what is the timescale for this?

Thanks in advance, Best Regards

Richard
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: UDDF/UDCF

Post by nick »

http://www.mac-dive.com/help/index.php? ... Data_Files

It also supports UDDF, I need to update that link.
Riger

Post by Riger »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the info.

The Drag and Drop worked well except for the fact that the Pressure data did not transfer from either format.

One administrative point to note is that the help refers to an "import menu" that I cannot find in MD ... or am I blind?

Regards

Richard
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

File -> Download Dives, or Toolbar -> Download Dives

Dragging and dropping is just easier though. I renamed that at some point. Obviously I'm really good at updating the docs..

(I'm planning to spend a bit of time on it once the new update drops, since a lot has changed)
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Oh, and from memory, UDCF files don't contain pressure. Unless something has changed?
Riger

Post by Riger »

nick wrote:Oh, and from memory, UDCF files don't contain pressure. Unless something has changed?
No, neither the UDDF or the UDCF carry the pressure profile. I did some scratching around after I posted here and saw that they carry (or should carry) start and end pressures, but that's it. That sucks of course !!

Question now is this; Can I take a Dive Log 5.0 file and import it into MD so that I can retain the pressure profile?

Regards

Richard

( Just in case you are not already aware, this is me trying to find a way to get my Galileo information into MacDive and keep the Galileo... ) :D
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I'm not sure there is a way to do this currently, but it would be worth asking Sven of Diving Log if he could perhaps include the pressure in those files somehow, and I can modify MacDive to then read it.
daniel_m
Dive Computer: Suunto D9

Post by daniel_m »

UDDF 3.x defines a lot of additional data inside a waypoint, tankpressure is one of them.

uddf 3.1 is currently in progress and will hopefully be released soon...

btw: I'am also trying to convert my old AquaDiveLog records to UDDF 3.0 in the hope that mac-dive will support it when I'm ready ;-)
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Send me a sample file once you have one and I'll get it sorted!
Nugget
Dive Computer: Cochran Gemini

Post by Nugget »

Reviving this older thread. Does the current MacDive support UDDF 3.x?

I'm working on scripts to convert my Cochran Gemini exports to UDDF and I've included tank pressure in the UDDF files I'm emitting. Will MacDive support this?

Currently I'm just getting "no dives found" when I try the import, but I'm sure that's something I'm doing wrong on my end.

I'm writing to the spec at http://www.streit.cc/extern/uddf_v310/en/