Remarks in bulk - new customer

Problems ? Get help here!
tramjoe
Dive Computer: Nemo Wide

Re: Remarks in bulk - new customer

Post by tramjoe »

Hi,

Thanks for the many replies.
As you pointed out a point by point answer probably isn't a good idea so I will refrain.
Also thanks for jumping on the issues I mentioned and solving them. I am now eager to try the next release :-)

As for the price, if I wanted a refund I would have said so. If you really are that reactive to comments, then I guess I cannot complain.
Also, I did test the free version before actually buying the full version, so hey, even if I did change my mind that would have been 100% my responsibility.

All in all, I would say that the biggest want for me currently would be the capability to have metrics like ascent/descent speed on the graph. Something as simple as selecting a part of the curve and getting the average vertical speed for that portion (end depth - start depth / time, expressed in m/min) would already be huge :-)

BTW, I am ready to test alphas if needed :-)

Best,
Jerome
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Remarks in bulk - new customer

Post by nick »

That kind of thing would require a decent amount of time/development.

I took a look back through the code after you mentioned the ascent/descent, and there's nothing stopping me turning the free dive info panel on for normal dives. They'd likely suffer a little in performance due to the calculations and the way it is implemented, but it would work fine I think.

Maybe there's a nice way to provide that as an option - I wouldn't want to have it on by default, but perhaps a preference you could toggle?

I appreciate the feedback, at any rate - you mentioned a few things that I had been meaning to do and all in all, the new update has turned out nicely. I was trying to avoid adding too much more but I threw in a few things that really do help out, so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. I'm hoping to have it released some time next week.