Notes Character Limit?

Problems ? Get help here!
wca104
Dive Computer: Cobalt

Notes Character Limit?

Post by wca104 »

I have noticed on a couple of my dives that when I print them the "Notes" section from the Inspector doesn't print all of my notes. I am curious if there is a character limit when printing these dive reports. Once in a while it is nice to be very descriptive and go into detail of various elements of a dive.

And by-the-way, I think what you've done with MacDive and your helping the users is pretty remarkable.

Thank you so much.

Bill Allen
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Notes Character Limit?

Post by nick »

There's no limit that I'm aware of, no - can you scroll down?

If not, can you email me your MacDive.sqlite file and I'll take a look and see if anything weird is going on.
cowboydoc
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Re: Notes Character Limit?

Post by cowboydoc »

I can't tell you how much I enjoy MacDive. Thank you for making it such a useful application and for involving your users' feedback in its expansion.

I think I may be asking the same question but I haven't found the answer elsewhere... When printing a log or exporting to pdf (which seems to use the same format), is it possible to have notes print off on a separate page when they are too long for the space provided? I sometimes write pretty lengthy notes on a dive and I like to share my logs with my dive buddies. Many of my notes get cut off because they extend beyond the allowed space on the print off.

Thanks.