Uwatec Galileo Sol

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
hdscuba
Dive Computer: Uwatec Galileo Sol

Uwatec Galileo Sol

Post by hdscuba »

Any plans to include this computer in your development plans?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Uwatec Galileo Sol

Post by nick »

Not currently, no.
peterbkk
Dive Computer: Suunto D9

Post by peterbkk »

hdscuba wrote:Any plans to include this computer in your development plans?
Nick (and I) tried very hard to make this happen but Uwatec would not play ball. if you care about this, an email to the management of Uwatec might help. If enough people contact them, they might wake up.

A year back they had a CEO who was talking about opening up their protocol to developers but he left before it happened.

Last communication from them indicated that they are still deluding themselves with the old "90% of the world uses Windows" argument. Informal polls of divers indicate that a significant percentage use Mac - and probably increasing all the time - but that does not convince Uwatec that there is a large segment of divers who they are underserving.

In the end I bought the Suunto D9 and use that to (a) record the dive and (b) as a backup to the Galileo Sol.

Regards
Peter
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

Theoretically, we can add support for Uwatec Smart/Galileo devices without any support from Uwatec. We already have it working on Windows and Linux. But for Mac OS X there is one major problem, and that's the lack of IrDA support and drivers. You can read more details in this topic: http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
Riger
Dive Computer: Galileo

Post by Riger »

TnT wrote:Theoretically, we can add support for Uwatec Smart/Galileo devices without any support from Uwatec. We already have it working on Windows and Linux. But for Mac OS X there is one major problem, and that's the lack of IrDA support and drivers. You can read more details in this topic: http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16
TnT,

I have purchased a Uwatec IRDA dongle with drivers and I have it working with Mac OsX Lion. Based on your statement above, I get the impression that you work with/for MacDive. Does this mean that we MacDive can support The Galileo SOL now?

Again, this is based on the assumption that you are associated with MacDive.

Best Regards

Richard
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Uwatec are not, and will not, be supported at this time.
scubalibre

Post by scubalibre »

Theoretically, we can add support for Uwatec Smart/Galileo devices without any support from Uwatec. We already have it working on Windows and Linux. But for Mac OS X there is one major problem, and that's the lack of IrDA support and drivers. You can read more details in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16
I think that is not a problem, because in the attempt to solve the problem of making galileo work with the infamous Jtrak, about two years ago found in the market a irda adapter for mac that works perfectly with galileo sol without having to install any drivers and mac os leopard compatible.
I found when searching the forum scubaboard
works perfectly I've tested it

Please hellp us, galilleo sol mac users.
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

I'm afraid your assumptions are wrong. Have you actually read the topic that I linked to? I explained there why JTrak works (with some hardware), and macdive doesn't.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
scubalibre

Post by scubalibre »

if there is no possibility no matter how remote that is ... patience.
I can only thank you for time spent responding to my post and hope one day arise any solution.
because I believe that you would have all interest to conquer this market.

thank you.
azchipka
Dive Computer: Geo V2 / Shearwater

Post by azchipka »

How about support for importing the file format the data is stored in just like you have done with the Shearwater products?