A few changes I would love to see

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

A few changes I would love to see

Post by Jean-Francois »

First and foremost, I just bought Mac-Dive and I'm very happy about it. The requests I'm about to put out are just something that would make my life easier. So here it is.

I own an OSTC Mk2N (lucky me :P ) and when downloading dives there are a few things that I'd like mac-dive to do.

1) could it record the dive number in the detailed view and not the number on the front page of the logbook (I have to change it manually every time since the last dives are always labeled number 1)
2) could it record the gas mix instead of putting AIr automaticaly (yesteday I dove with Nx27 set on the OSTC but Air was downloaded)
3) could it record the name of the unit (that would be the text field where you can put whatever but usually people put their name) instead of putting HW Diver under the Diver header

Now for some non computer related questions.

4) in the program I set the width of the column (dive number, depth,etc) but each time I reopen Mac-dive it comes back to the original and not what I've saved so could it be saved
5) under the tag column, how is the information displayed when more than 1 tag is present ? Sometimes it sorts them according to the order I've typed them in and sometimes it looks it's done randomly.

I'm sorry, it's a long post for a first post.

Thanks again for the program.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: A few changes I would love to see

Post by nick »

Jean-Francois wrote: 1) could it record the dive number in the detailed view and not the number on the front page of the logbook (I have to change it manually every time since the last dives are always labeled number 1)
There are two numbers - repetitive number which is the dive in the series, then Dive Number - which is incremented and is the overall dive number. That should bump up for each new dive, whereas the repetitive will be based on dives within 24 hours.
2) could it record the gas mix instead of putting AIr automaticaly (yesteday I dove with Nx27 set on the OSTC but Air was downloaded)
Ya this is on my todo list to fix.
3) could it record the name of the unit (that would be the text field where you can put whatever but usually people put their name) instead of putting HW Diver under the Diver header
Open the Gear section, double click on the OSTC piece of gear, and change the Owner name to be whatever you want. That's what will get filled in.

Now for some non computer related questions.
4) in the program I set the width of the column (dive number, depth,etc) but each time I reopen Mac-dive it comes back to the original and not what I've saved so could it be saved
Yeah widths are automatically recalculated when you launch, they're not saved.
5) under the tag column, how is the information displayed when more than 1 tag is present ? Sometimes it sorts them according to the order I've typed them in and sometimes it looks it's done randomly.
Should be in alphabetical order - I'll double check and if not, I'll fix it.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote: There are two numbers - repetitive number which is the dive in the series, then Dive Number - which is incremented and is the overall dive number. That should bump up for each new dive, whereas the repetitive will be based on dives within 24 hours.
Well, I see 3 numbers then. The repetitive dives done in 24 hours, the number it's stored on the logbook (starting at 1, 1 being the latest dive) and the last one is displayed in the detailed view of the dive on the top left and it's possible to offset this with CF28. And I'd like mac-dive to use that very last number.
Again it's more cosmetic than a must even though it would be great to have it.

nick wrote:Yeah widths are automatically recalculated when you launch, they're not saved.
That's a bummer.
nick wrote:Should be in alphabetical order - I'll double check and if not, I'll fix it.
Thank you
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote:
Jean-Francois wrote:
Should be in alphabetical order - I'll double check and if not, I'll fix it.
I've realized that in the aforementioned field, it works alphabetically as long as I only enter 3 tags. When using the 4th (or more) it "disappears" from the entry line (he gets moved out since there is not enough room for it to be displayed) and that is when the alphabetical order gets messed up completely.

It is to be noted that when I only enter 3 tags (which are in french) Etanche, Bi, Lac; the correct alphabetical order should be Bi, Etanche, Lac but on the program it's Etanche, Bi, Lac. So I guess something is wrong here.

Again it's not a biggie just something nice to have fixed IF it doesn't require a lot of work.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

There are some fixes to this in the new update - primarily, the tags field is larger which will help.

Hopefully the order is fixed, if not, we'll fix it up.

Also, you were looking in the other thread, but I've changed the table column sizing behaviour to remember the widths you set, which I see you mentioned here.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Lovely on both account. Thanks a lot for the effort and the tech support you give us.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

You're welcome.

Just looking back you were talking about the dive number. It's in the Dive Inspector as the latest number.. are you still seeing this problem? If so, could you post/email me a screenshot explaining exactly what is wrong? Apologies if I have missed something.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote:Just looking back you were talking about the dive number. It's in the Dive Inspector as the latest number.. are you still seeing this problem? If so, could you post/email me a screenshot explaining exactly what is wrong? Apologies if I have missed something.
No worries, I've solved the problem thanks to one of your answer on another post and now it works wonder.

I might have another request though (sorry for it). Would it be possible to have a statistic by depth like 0-10m, 11-20, etc ? There are already a few under the sigma sign but I don't have a use for those. Maybe it's already in your next update, if so just forget what I just said.
lionel
Dive Computer: Mares Puck

Post by lionel »

Jean-Francois wrote:
{SNIP}

I might have another request though (sorry for it). Would it be possible to have a statistic by depth like 0-10m, 11-20, etc ? There are already a few under the sigma sign but I don't have a use for those. Maybe it's already in your next update, if so just forget what I just said.
It's easy to achieve with Smart Divelogs: File -> New Smart Divelog, then set it up for the desired depth range. When a divelog is selected, the stats only apply to those specific dives.

HTH,

Lionel
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Jean-Francois wrote:I might have another request though (sorry for it). Would it be possible to have a statistic by depth like 0-10m, 11-20, etc ? There are already a few under the sigma sign but I don't have a use for those. Maybe it's already in your next update, if so just forget what I just said.
This is in the next update already. :)