Mac OS X Lion support

Problems ? Get help here!
anthodiver
Dive Computer: IQ-900

Mac OS X Lion support

Post by anthodiver »

Just wondering does this app support the upcoming Lion OS from Apple? The OS is coming very soon if if there initial problems then Ill stick to Snow Leopard.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Mac OS X Lion support

Post by nick »

I am not aware of any problems just yet, but Lion is not out. If you're worried, wait until it is and I'll put up a post about it.
henrikhedegaard
Dive Computer: Suunto Stinger

Post by henrikhedegaard »

anthodiver wrote:Just wondering does this app support the upcoming Lion OS from Apple? The OS is coming very soon if if there initial problems then Ill stick to Snow Leopard.
I'm testing right now.. As such there's no error in the app, but the drivers might be a problem. Currently MacDive cannot find a USB-port connection through the SmartInterface drivers.
(don't know about the official Suunto cabel drivers though)

Perhaps because the latest drivers are optimized for Tiger and not Leopard/Snow Leopard.

Will have a chat with Olaf from SmartInterfaces about it.

Henrik
g.cacchione
Dive Computer: Suunto Gekko

Post by g.cacchione »

I upgraded yesterday to OS X Lion and now I cant download any dives. I tried reinstalling both drivers (Smartinterface and Original Suunto) but neither of them work.

Please HELP!!!!
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Post by henrik »

g.cacchione wrote:I upgraded yesterday to OS X Lion and now I cant download any dives. I tried reinstalling both drivers (Smartinterface and Original Suunto) but neither of them work.

Please HELP!!!!
Just installed Lion as well. MacDive reports "Import Error: Could not detect a valid serial port" when I try importing from my Suunto Zoop. I tried reinstalling the driver from http://www.customidea.com/shop/support/ ... d.mpkg.zip, but that didn't help.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I'm not sure if the Custom Idea driver supports Lion - it may not.

Lion only came out yesterday - you would be best contacting them and asking if their driver supports Lion, and if not, when it will.
henrik

Post by henrik »

nick wrote:I'm not sure if the Custom Idea driver supports Lion - it may not.

Lion only came out yesterday - you would be best contacting them and asking if their driver supports Lion, and if not, when it will.
Weird: The cable is recognized by System information:

Code: Select all

Suunto Compatible USB Download Cable:

Product ID:	0xea60
  Vendor ID:	0x10c4  (Silicon Laboratories, Inc.)
  Version:	1,00
  Serial Number:	HR-USBDive4_00002_00000000463
  Speed:	Up to 12 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:	Silicon Labs
  Location ID:	0x06200000 / 3
  Current Available (mA):	500
  Current Required (mA):	100
Maybe it's just named differently in Lion?
henrik

Post by henrik »

Horray! The following USB serial driver works with my Suunto Zoop and MacDive on Mac OSX 10.7 Lion: http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documen ... Driver.zip. (It creates the serial device /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART)
miraclemax
Dive Computer: xDeep Black EANx

Post by miraclemax »

I can also confirm that my Gekko is working on one (not both) of my USB ports with the CustomIdea cable. It only works with the front-most port, not the one closest to the power cord.

I have not tried the drivers mentioned in the post above as (to be honest) I really don't want to f*ck things up right now as its high season for diving for me.
Best dive ever :
My Dos Ojos Cenote Dive : http://vimeo.com/22533046
henrik

Post by henrik »

miraclemax wrote:I can also confirm that my Gekko is working on one (not both) of my USB ports with the CustomIdea cable. It only works with the front-most port, not the one closest to the power cord.

I have not tried the drivers mentioned in the post above as (to be honest) I really don't want to f*ck things up right now as its high season for diving for me.
The driver above is the same as the one Custom Idea links to, only it's a newer version with 64 bit support. When I installed the driver it presented itself as an upgrade to the already installed 32 bit driver, and a new install of the 64 bit driver. SI Labs are the manufacturer of the CP210x chipset within the Custom Idea cable, thus the driver should be perfectly safe.
Last edited by henrik on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.