Someone using divelog for iPad?

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
k l i k
Dive Computer: D9

Someone using divelog for iPad?

Post by k l i k »

How works when sync with Macdive and after sync with computer???

Duplicates are generated?? I have some problem with duplicates and I don't know if I do it right....
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Someone using divelog for iPad?

Post by nick »

You need to be a little more specific here.

What is the Dives and Equipment tabs telling you? They will describe what will happen when you click sync. You can use this to see if dives will be added or modified and figure out if it's doing the right thing. You can also make changes here so that things are not applied, and it's useful to be able to report errors to me.

There is some information on syncing in the help, and it includes instructions on how to report problems - namely providing your Dive Log database, your MacDive database, and a description of what exactly the problem is. Without that it's hard to say what's wrong, if anything.
k l i k
Dive Computer: D9

Post by k l i k »

Hi Nick,

I try to explain, it's very difficult for me to explain me in English, but I try it. I want to use Divelog for travels, holidays, etc. I don't need it for regular dives, I always return home and sync with Macdive directly.

I only want to write in Divelog the site, location, country, date and hour, sometimes notes but not always, the rest of the data is already on my computer (suunto D9) and I'll sync with MacDive.

Really site, location, country and notes are information that I need to write when sync D9 with Macdive, and I thought that I could write it in DiveLog.

If I do it this, I have two dives, one from divelog and another from D9. Booth with same dive number.

Regards

PD: If I need to write all the information in DiveLog not interest me.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

k l i k wrote: Really site, location, country and notes are information that I need to write when sync D9 with Macdive, and I thought that I could write it in DiveLog.
You can - this is what I use it for.
If I do it this, I have two dives, one from divelog and another from D9. Booth with same dive number.
And as I mentioned above, what does the Dives tab in the sync summary tell you? You can view it to see whether a dive has been matched or not. Please note, as per the help, your Dive Log dive will have to be within 2 minutes for MacDive to be able to match it to a dive from your D9. You can look at Dives to see whether it was matched or not.

From the sounds of it, you are putting the time in Dive Log a bit differently to your D9, so it can't find a match. Check Dives, see what it's telling you. Fix your dive times to match (within 2 minutes) if it's not right, and then disable/enable syncing in Dive Log so it refreshes.