2.0.5 Released

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
miraclemax
Dive Computer: xDeep Black EANx

Re: 2.0.5 Released

Post by miraclemax »

Hi Nick!
Awesome update!!
Thanks!
Best dive ever :
My Dos Ojos Cenote Dive : http://vimeo.com/22533046
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

You're welcome!

Hopefully the next patch won't take so long :)
babelfilm
Dive Computer: Suunto Stinger

Post by babelfilm »

Hi

Just updated to 2.0.5 but the program crashes every time I try to open it.
Went through the usual steps: reboot OS, redownload and reinstall.

<snip>

** crash log edited out - please email them to me rather than posting
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

The issue is that I changed the "type" column to be "types", and you originally had your dives sorted by type. The easy way to fix this is to delete your preferences file (~/Library/Preferences/com.mintsoftware.MacDive2.plist), but you will lose your prefs and have to reinstall the license.

The slightly more complex way is to open that file in Property List Editor (if you have it installed - I can't remember if this is default or if it comes with the dev tools), and look for "mainDivesTableSort" and delete that key/value. Or just email me your prefs file and I will fix it and send it back, if you like.
mamax
Dive Computer: Suunto

Post by mamax »

Hello,

I got to new bug since I made the upgrade to 2.0.5:

- When I import my dives from my Suunto Vyper 2, I got back "Suunto Diver" as diver name instead of my real name I configured in my gear.

- Before the importation to macdive, if my Vyper 2 is switched on, (displaying time, or something else) when i connect it to the mac and launch the import, it never goes to the data transfert mode

regards
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

mamax wrote: - When I import my dives from my Suunto Vyper 2, I got back "Suunto Diver" as diver name instead of my real name I configured in my gear.
I'm aware of this and looking in to it.
- Before the importation to macdive, if my Vyper 2 is switched on, (displaying time, or something else) when i connect it to the mac and launch the import, it never goes to the data transfert mode
Do you have low battery? As far as I am aware, it should be in transfer mode *before* you start downloading, not after. Though sometimes with the Vyper2 style devices you need to import twice, as it doesn't wake up properly the first time. Try importing twice and see if that helps.
mamax
Dive Computer: Suunto

Post by mamax »

Hello, thanks for reply
Do you have low battery? As far as I am aware, it should be in transfer mode *before* you start downloading, not after. Though sometimes with the Vyper2 style devices you need to import twice, as it doesn't wake up properly the first time. Try importing twice and see if that helps.
No my vyper 2 if quite full of battery.
I made upgrade of the FDTI driver (v2.2.16) in the same time of macdive, maybe it comes from here.

Yes, before the upgrade, I always had to do the the import twice to import the dives, but now, if the vyper 2 is switch on, I had to wait it to switch off automaticaly before to perform the import