New User. Import from Aeris Elite T3 results in bad data

Problems ? Get help here!
Canuck
Dive Computer: Aeris Elite T3

New User. Import from Aeris Elite T3 results in bad data

Post by Canuck »

I am a new user of MacDive software. Running version 2.0.4 on a new 13" MacBook AIr with OS 10.6.6.

I imported all the dives from my T3. 47 dives were "successfully" imported. However, upon reviewing the dives I noticed several errors. In the end, 28 dives were imported without data errors, while the other 19 had errors.

Here is a screenshot of a dive with errors:

When the error occurs it is easy to spot in the raw data. The depth goes to maximum (or sometimes zero), the pressure drops substantially, and the temperature jumps (or occasionally falls) by 3 degrees. Here are some sample screenshots of the raw data:

By the end of the dive I am holding my breath in very hot water :shock: :lol:

The other problem I noticed is that even in the dives that had no data errors there were often deco alarms in the Event field on the Raw tab of the Get Info window. I noticed in the release notes for 2.0.4 that this had been fixed:
Fixed VT3 deco/ascent alarms.
There appears to still be a problem.

Anybody else seen this? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I am emailing the ATOM2.DMP and ATOM2.LOG files to Nick and Jef. I have also run the "universal" test application available at libdc to parse the data and examine it. I am including the resultant parsed.txt and output.log files as well.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: New User. Import from Aeris Elite T3 results in bad data

Post by nick »

Canuck wrote: The other problem I noticed is that even in the dives that had no data errors there were often deco alarms in the Event field on the Raw tab of the Get Info window. I noticed in the release notes for 2.0.4 that this had been fixed:
Fixed VT3 deco/ascent alarms.
That's a different device.
I am emailing the ATOM2.DMP and ATOM2.LOG files to Nick and Jef. I have also run the "universal" test application available at libdc to parse the data and examine it. I am including the resultant parsed.txt and output.log files as well.
Cheers for the detailed info. Will look into this and hopefully get it all sorted for the next patch.