User manual

Problems ? Get help here!
studive
Dive Computer: suunto vyper air

User manual

Post by studive »

How do I find and access the user manual?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: User manual

Post by nick »

Help -> MacDive Help

Someone had modified the page and ruined it. I've fixed it now.
studive
Dive Computer: suunto vyper air

Post by studive »

Thanks. I see now that this works, but this is not what I would refer to as a user guide to guide me how to set up the program and to use it. Do I have to post a question each time that I can't do something? For instance now I would like to add picutures to my gear. How do I do that?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Double click on the piece of gear and drag an image onto the picture frame.

A lot of this stuff isn't documented because it's supposed to be obvious. Of course, this may not be true. If that's the case, I can add something into the help. It's fairly basic, but I prefer to spend what free time I have adding features (like iPhone syncing and new device support) rather than documenting things.

The most complex issues with getting up and running are getting your dive computer working. There is plenty of information on how to find and install the appropriate USB drivers and troubleshoot issues with them both here and in the help. After that, I would indeed prefer you contacted me so that if things aren't obvious and intuitive, I can address that. Either by documenting the issue, or by making changes to the application to make it better.

And no, you don't have to post each time, you're welcome to drop me an email too. I thought people preferred a personal response over a dull manual anyway? :) If I'm awake, I generally respond pretty quickly.