Sites Map wont let me change the dive location??

Problems ? Get help here!
Antarctic-adventurer
Dive Computer: Suunto D5 & D6

Sites Map wont let me change the dive location??

Post by Antarctic-adventurer »

Hi Nick/t0w,

so I finally got around to buying a licence and migrating to MacDive 2, (currently on version 2.0.4). Firstly I would like to say what a great leap forward to new software is. I have used MacDive since the beginning and it keeps getting better and better. Hopefully with time it can just keep improving as users suggest more and more features and you keep adding to it.

I especially love the new google maps feature allowing one to track exactly where your dive were. It is very similar to the 'places' view in iPhoto.

I have some suggestions/feedback for further improvements:

- I have a problem with some of my dive location flags. All the dives that I did in one area in Sulawesi wont allow me to change the flag location. I go to the info panel for each of those dives, click on the 'Map' button and drag the flag to the correct location. However it doesn't seem to be saved and when I come back to that dive again the flag has reverted back to its original location. No matter how many times I have tried this, it wont let me save the location. This is strange because this is only happening for around 20 dives, all my other dives work just fine. Is this a known issue?

- When on the Sites Map view, one can click on a dive flag and bring up a speech bubble showing the dive name, rating, location etc. It would be great to be able to then click on a link/double click and have this take you directly to that dive information in the 'all dives' section. Currently doing this requires manually navigation to the dive.

- Average Dive Depths - Because about 70 of my dives were done before I had a computer, their average dive depth is registered as 0. This data is then included to calculate my overall average dive depth for all my dives. Obviously this brings the average way down and is incorrect. Is there any way to enter a null field instead of a 0 for these dives so there are not including in the stats calculations?

- Photo Slideshow for all dives? Currently clicking on a dive in the all dives inspector and then navigating to photos allows one to start a slideshow. Is there anyway to view a slideshow of all photos for a particular range of dives?

Thanks again for writing the software. It is great to have such good native mac dive software. MacDive could sell very well as the best diving software available or Mac. Here's to future improvements! 8-)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Sites Map wont let me change the dive location??

Post by nick »

There's currently no way to view all the photos for all selected dives, unfortunately.

Could you send me your data file so I can look at the map problem?
kostyan5
Dive Computer: Oceanic Atom 3.0

Post by kostyan5 »

Hello,

I'm also having the same map issue. Was there a resolution to this problem?

Everything had been working fine until my recent trip. All of the sites in that location don't seem to update their map location.

I'm on 2.1.1.

Thanks,

Konstantin
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Yes, it was fixed long ago.

Email me your data file (my email address is in my signature) along with a detailed description of what site(s) are having an issue and I will take a look.