Shearwater Predator

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
BusaKaine
Dive Computer: Shearwater Predator

Shearwater Predator

Post by BusaKaine »

I'm trying to find a program that I can use all of my computers with.

I have an Oceanic Veo 250, Suunto D9 and a Shearwater Predator

The Shearwater Predator connects via Bluetooth so I'm not sure how hard it would be to interface with this.
azchipka
Dive Computer: Geo V2 / Shearwater

Re: Shearwater Predator

Post by azchipka »

BusaKaine wrote:I'm trying to find a program that I can use all of my computers with.

I have an Oceanic Veo 250, Suunto D9 and a Shearwater Predator

The Shearwater Predator connects via Bluetooth so I'm not sure how hard it would be to interface with this.

Second the Shearwater support with two very big thumbs up!!!

I can send test data if needed.
GKirkaldie
Dive Computer: Suunto D9, Reefnet

Post by GKirkaldie »

I'd be interested in support as well, I'm in the market for a new computer as well. The D9 is a nice computer, but not so good with big gloves on.

The Shearwater looks great, but MacDive support is the first criteria for me.
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

Post by Jean-Francois »

GKirkaldie wrote:I'd be interested in support as well, I'm in the market for a new computer as well. The D9 is a nice computer, but not so good with big gloves on.
If you are looking for a new dive computer that is supported by Mac Dive, I would sugget to take a look at the OSTC 2N.

http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/

It's an awesome dive computer. Up to 5 gases (even a 6th one that you can set underwate), trimix, Bühlmann model with GF for open circuit and Rebreather (you cannot however "plug" it to your rebreather. it doesn't have the O2 reading capability. For that you need the DR5 made by the same manufacturer), OLED display, ease of use, great support, firware updated regularly with new feature, great community. Great price for what you get really.
On a scale from 1 to 10, I'll rank it 11 :) Alright I might not be the most objective guy when talking about the OSTC.

I have one and it's by far the best buy I've ever made.