Sites Map

Problems ? Get help here!
Martin
Dive Computer: Vyper VR3

Sites Map

Post by Martin »

I have a red flag on the small map when I click the info tap when looking at "sites". These correspond very roughly with the site in question.

The issue I don't understand is when I look at the world map in "sites map" only 3 flags show when I have over 50 sites in over 10 countries.

What am I doing wrong?

Martin
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Sites Map

Post by nick »

Martin wrote:I have a red flag on the small map when I click the info tap when looking at "sites". These correspond very roughly with the site in question.
Google Maps does not understand your dive sites. MacDive simply passes the Country and Location through, and hopes for the best.

What you then do is manually move the flag to where the dive site is, and you can also use the search bar if it's in totally the wrong place. Once you move it manually, the location is saved with where you dragged it.
The issue I don't understand is when I look at the world map in "sites map" only 3 flags show when I have over 50 sites in over 10 countries.
What am I doing wrong?
Send me your MacDive.sqlite file along with a more detailed explanation of which ones don't turn up, I'll take a look.
ComSubVie
Dive Computer: Mares Puck

Post by ComSubVie »

Is it possible to manually enter GPS coordinates for the dive sites?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yes, in the search box that says "search for places or gps coordinates".
ComSubVie
Dive Computer: Mares Puck

Post by ComSubVie »

Are they stored automatically? I find this a bit strange, I'd prefer two input fields for latitude and longitude, but I'll try. Thanks.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yeah they're stored automatically. The idea is that you search for the location, then you manually drag the pin to the more exact location (which all saves automatically).

If you happen to have the exact coordinates, that's fine, use them - but if you don't it gives you a nice way to search and then refine the site. Lots of people don't know the exact coordinates and it's easier to just filter and drag.

I'll probably add the saved lat/lon back at some point.
altaskier
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra3

Post by altaskier »

In Sites, and View As List, it would be really great to be able to add columns for Latitude and Longitude so one could view and tweak GPS locations manually.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

You can type the GPS into the search bar and tweak it there.
altaskier

Post by altaskier »

I'm finding some problems with editing the GPS locations of dive sites. These problems are documented at http://tinyurl.com/2abd774. I'm emailing my .sqlite file and the PDF file which documents the problems I'm having.

And by the way, thanks again for the program! I don't mind at all paying for it.
altaskier

Post by altaskier »

For the time being, I have successfully used the sqlite-manager plug-in for the Firefox web browser to edit the GPS locations of dive sites: http://code.google.com/p/sqlite-manager/