When will DL7 and/or DLG Export formats be available?

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
CecilWalker
Dive Computer: Sherwood Wisdom 3

When will DL7 and/or DLG Export formats be available?

Post by CecilWalker »

Hoping to hear an update on when additional export formats (like DL7 or .dlg) will be available. Any word?

Thanks,
Cecil Walker
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: When will DL7 and/or DLG Export formats be available?

Post by nick »

I'm hoping to take a look at it over the holiday break. I have been incredibly busy at my day job the last couple of months.
CecilWalker

Post by CecilWalker »

Thanks! It looks like there's quite a few people looking forward to seeing this feature implemented.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

As a quick update, I have implemented most of the initial stuff for exporting DL7 data. I need to clarify a couple of things with DAN and do some testing, but hopefully this will be done shortly after they get back to me. They may well be out of office at the moment, but the bulk of it on my side is done at least!

Sorry for the delay. Crazy year.
JamworkS
Dive Computer: Cressi Leonardo

Post by JamworkS »

Thank you nick!!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I've heard back from DAN now, and I have the info I need to finish things off. I will get this all finished off tonight after work, and then get them a beta version to verify everything looks correct.

So hopefully a new release with this is not too far off!
CecilWalker

Post by CecilWalker »

Great news! Looking forward to checking out the update!!!

Thanks,
Cecil
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

nick wrote:I've heard back from DAN now, and I have the info I need to finish things off. I will get this all finished off tonight after work, and then get them a beta version to verify everything looks correct.

So hopefully a new release with this is not too far off!
Again, thank you very much nick.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

You're welcome! Again, sorry for the delay - I should have done this a long time ago, but it's been a hellishly busy year.

We're still working on this. I have a few notes from DAN to address, just minor tweaks really to get things the way they want them. So, getting there. Unfortunately we're in completely opposite timezones, so it all takes a bit longer waiting for emails back and forth. :)

What would be helpful is if any of you are keen to do some beta testing once this is complete. Not just for the DAN stuff, but this new version of MacDive has a fairly large number of internal improvements and optimisations. If you are keen to try out the DAN export, then it would be great to get a few people trying it out to make sure there are no other issues also. If you're interested, drop me an email.
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

nick wrote:We're still working on this. I have a few notes from DAN to address, just minor tweaks really to get things the way they want them. So, getting there. Unfortunately we're in completely opposite timezones, so it all takes a bit longer waiting for emails back and forth. :)
Well, that's your fault, I don't know why you're not moving to Europe ... :mrgreen:. Think about it, you'll have the red sea a lot closer :lol:.
nick wrote:What would be helpful is if any of you are keen to do some beta testing once this is complete. Not just for the DAN stuff, but this new version of MacDive has a fairly large number of internal improvements and optimisations. If you are keen to try out the DAN export, then it would be great to get a few people trying it out to make sure there are no other issues also. If you're interested, drop me an email.
Just let me know what you need and I'll volunteer for it 8-).