Problem with duplicate imports of dives MARES ICON HD

Problems ? Get help here!
meicker
Dive Computer: Mares QUAD AIR

Problem with duplicate imports of dives MARES ICON HD

Post by meicker »

Hi all,

I have a problem with importing dives from my ICON HD:

Some times I have one dive splitted into two or three dives. They are imported correct and in MacDive I see those two or three dives. In the next step I join the dives into one single dive, where MacDive is working normal and correct.

But when I want to import new dives I always get the already downloaded and merged dives on top. MacDive seems not to realize that they have already been loaded.

Is there something wrong with the software or with my usage of the software ?

Please help ... ;)

Best regards,
Marc
joelaposta
Dive Computer: Mares Icon HD

Re: Problem with duplicate imports of dives MARES ICON HD

Post by joelaposta »

The program is seeing the old dives as different from the one you have merged. This will happen until you download a dive that you keep after those merged dives. After that it will not pull the old dives again as long as you have selected import only new dives. This same problem happened to me when I had a short SI of about 4 or 5 mins and my Icon called it two dives, but I considered it all one dive. After I downloaded another dive that I did later on, I deleted the duplicate dives, then the next time I downloaded some new dives it didn't pull the old ones.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

joelaposta is correct. As soon as you do a new dive and a download, then delete the duplicates, it will all go back to working as you expect if you choose "Only import new dives".

This has always been the case. It would be nice for this not to happen, if I can come up with a reasonable way to stop it without introducing the possibility of missing dives or causing subtle bugs.

Some applications download the entire memory and provide you a way to choose which dives you want, however this involves downloading the entire memory which takes a lot longer. I could potentially record the "last download date", but that may end up causing subtle issues and missing dives.

For now it's not too bad to just delete the duplicates and as mentioned, as soon as you have a newer dive in there the problem will be hidden.
meicker
Dive Computer: Mares QUAD AIR

Post by meicker »

Hi both ...

okay, thanks for the answers, I will go ahead with this workaround.
orangesarebetter

Post by orangesarebetter »

Hi,

I have a similar issue with my Mares Icon HD net ready. I followed the above recommendations and after merging imported all the "fragmented" dives again, and even left them in my database (I just label the SITE NAME as fragment, so I can keep them distinct). I even tested and used "download new dives" only, and confirmed that the old dives no longer downloaded.
Fast forward 1 week. I recently got back from a dive trip and was expecting to download only the newest dives, but Mac-Dive imported all the previous old dives from my Mares Icon HD again! So clearly keeping the old fragment dives only works for temporarily.

Please help! This is taking me so much time to clean up my database every time.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hi,

Is your import mode set to "Only new dives" ?

It will stop as soon as it finds an existing dive. Presumably now that you have downloaded some new ones, you won't run in to this issue next time.

Apologies for the inconvenience. A long-term fix to permanently ignore certain dives is on the todo list, however there is a major update due shortly and a number of other things to address first.

Cheers
orangesarebetter

Hello again,

Yes I specifically choose "only new dives", which is why it baffles me every time when all dives get downloaded again, if I haven't synced the computer for a while. This only happens with my Mares Icon HD (net-ready). My Atomic Cobalt 2 as well as my wife's Suunto Cobra 3 don't have any of those issues...

Thank you
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

If possible, email me your MacDive.sqlite data file. I can send you a beta version of MacDive that includes some diagnostic information that may help track down the issue.
orangesarebetter

Hi, I have managed to circumvent the duplicate downloads for a while by keeping a copy of all partial dives before I "joined" some of them together, thinking that perhaps MacDive no longer saw the partial dives and thought they had to be re-downloaded.

However, after coming back from a dive trip Mac-Dive downloaded ALL dives from my Mares Icon HD again, although I specifically selected "Only New Dives". Now I have so many duplicate dives again :(

To make matters worse, now my new Atomic Cobalt 2 is also downloading duplicate files.

I tried uploading my MacDive.sqlite file, but since it's 3.4 MB I get the error message that the max allowed upload size is 2MB.

Please help!