Multiple Users ?

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Tim0gle
Dive Computer: Haven't Purchased

Multiple Users ?

Post by Tim0gle »

My wife and I just finished our Open Water course (still need to complete the dives). We are looking at computers/software (we're both geeks). I'm looking at purchasing a couple of Pro Plus 2.1 computers, and will travel with our Macbook Pro.

First Question: Is there a way to keep two different logs - one for each user?
Second Question: Does the multi-license cover that - data would eventually be transferred back to our iMac's when we are done with the trip - I saw the FAQ on that already (probably will try Dropbox for data)

Tim
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Multiple Users ?

Post by nick »

You can either use separate login accounts, so you have your own distinct set of data, or MacDive lets you have multiple users in one logbook. You can have your own "Profile" and all gear, dives, certifications, etc, belong to a diver.

Does that answer your question?

The easiest thing to do is download the free trial and have a play with it.
Tim0gle
Dive Computer: Haven't Purchased

Post by Tim0gle »

nick wrote:You can either use separate login accounts, so you have your own distinct set of data, or MacDive lets you have multiple users in one logbook. You can have your own "Profile" and all gear, dives, certifications, etc, belong to a diver.

Does that answer your question?

Yes it does, thanks for the info.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Cool. Once you add Divers, and assign them to dives, you will automatically get a playlist on the left hand side bar with a diver name to filter just your dives. That lets you view your individual statistics etc.

You can also create smart dive logs and add "Diver = Nick" or whatever, so you can have all of your custom dives - Nick's Dives In Malaysia, Nick's Dives In Cold Water, etc etc.