2.1.4 Released

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

2.1.4 Released

Post by nick »

Out now. Basically a minor bug fix update to resolve the most recent issues. But a couple of new features (such as the improved site selection). As always, let me know of any problems!

New Features:
Added support for the Shearwater Predator.<br/>
Added ability to manage Tags (remove unused, delete, rename, via File -> Manage Tags).<br/>
When syncing to Dive Log, certifications are now filtered by the diver that is being synced (not all divers).<br/>
General Dive Log sync improvements and bug fixes.<br/>
UDDF import improvements.<br/>
<br/>
<b>Bug Fixes:</b><br/>
Fixed undefined SAC rate when a tank has a duration of zero.<br/>
Fixed issues that could cause a crash on startup.<br/>
Fixed a crash when trying to sync with untitled dive logs.<br/>
Added support for the Dacor Darwin Air.
Added support for the Oceanic Atom 3.1.
Improved Dive Site selection in the dives table so you can find sites more easily.
Added ability to edit gear/tanks when multiple dives selected via Dive Inspector.
Total Bottom Time for a diver now takes previous dive time into account.
Gear gets a default purchase date, of the current date.
Enabled scroll-wheel zoom in maps.
Tanks on manually entered dives now use the dives average depth to calculate a consistent SAC rate.

Bug Fixes:
Fixed issue reading Tusa Zen Air dives in certain cases.
Fixed issue reading Mares Puck Air dives in certain cases.
Fixed issue with very long dives from a Pro Plus 2.
Fixed issue downloading from an Atom 3 in certain cases.
Fixed issue displaying gear with no type or serial in Dive Inspector.
Fixed issue where the rear certification image wouldn't save.
Fixed issue setting profile pictures.
Fixed issue syncing personal info to Dive Log when no dives are present.
Fixed a few minor memory leaks.
Fixed minor data issue when importing certain UDCF files.
tdtaylor
Dive Computer: Cobra+D4i

Re: 2.1.4 Released

Post by tdtaylor »

Nick,

Really appreciate the feature adding equipment to multiple dives. Thanks a lot.

Also, potentially for your list- .pdf exports of equipment. Really appreciate adding the current csv equipment export.

Thanks,

Terry
Butiki
Dive Computer: Reefnet Sensus

Post by Butiki »

Maps do not render in any part of the application where they would normally be available. Just getting a grey window where the map would be. I'm also unable to find a location by entering GPS coordinates. This is the first time I've seen this issue. Problems began immediately after installing the 2.1.4 update. Other than that, I'm enjoying the added functionality. Thanks! :D

My configuration:

MacBook Pro 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.6.8
Benthic
Dive Computer: Xeo

Post by Benthic »

Sounds like the software no longer has access to the network. It isn't being blocked by anything? Like an outgoing firewall?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Normally when you see this it's because Google have decided too many requests have been made (either from you or the API - I'm not sure how they work it out). I've found that eventually they start working again. Haven't been able to narrow down a timeframe unfortunately, and last time I looked through google's docs I didn't see anything about it.

Kind of irritating, but go out for a dive and it should be sorted when you get back :)
Butiki
Dive Computer: Reefnet Sensus

Post by Butiki »

nick wrote:Normally when you see this it's because Google have decided too many requests have been made (either from you or the API - I'm not sure how they work it out). I've found that eventually they start working again. Haven't been able to narrow down a timeframe unfortunately, and last time I looked through google's docs I didn't see anything about it.

Kind of irritating, but go out for a dive and it should be sorted when you get back :)
Thanks, all. I've tested on different network connections, turned off Firewall, and even gone for a couple of dives. Still no joy. Will see if it indeed doesn't sort itself out in a few days.
lprost
Dive Computer: GEO 2.0

Post by lprost »

Nick:

I just updated McDive with the new release and I still cannot sync properly with DiveLog. Any clue why ? Or what info would you need to investigate ?
Thanks.

Lionel
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

There isn't much in your post to go on, at the very least I would need to know what is not working.

Try the help, and specifically how to report problems if nothing there fixes your problem:

http://www.mac-dive.com/help/index.php? ... e_Log_Sync
lprost
Dive Computer: GEO 2.0

Post by lprost »

Sorry Nick. You're right... I'll send you an email with all the details I could gather.
awswimmer
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper Air

Post by awswimmer »

Nick - Yup after the last Beta I like 2.1.4, it works well - the iOs sync is quicker it seems, and sync with my Suunto D6 seems a little smoother!

As a quick suggestion for other users if you are using a Suunto cable with Lion and this version (2.1.4) I would recommend (strongly) making sure you have the most up-to-date drivers for your cable! (mine is a D6 and lost connection for a short while - update drivers and big joy!)

:D :D
Andy