Pick Lists

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
AH_Matt
Dive Computer: Suuntu Zoop

Pick Lists

Post by AH_Matt »

Using 2.1.3 (beta), so far so good.

I recently spent a wonderful two weeks diving in St. Thomas USVI. I imported data for all 20 dives from the Zoop with no problem but, because I performed lots of dives with the same few dive operators, would have liked the ability to use pick lists for the Dive Operator and Divemaster categories. I'm thinking they would work like the recent improvement in the site name category.

Again, thanks for the great product. :D
I told lots of people about it; some were familiar but hadn't pulled the trigger and several others seemed interested.

AH_Matt
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Pick Lists

Post by nick »

You mean a drop down box? What are you actually trying to do - just quickly edit all of the dives with this info?

Because there is auto completion. But also, if you select all of the dives and open the dive inspector, you can change the whole lot in one go. So for the dive operator, you only actually have to type it in once. Just select all, inspect, enter the name, and bam, all of them are updated.

Divemaster you may dive with a few of course, but you can still multi-select and use the auto completion. Does that help you in any way? Adding a combo box like "Diver" or "Site" requires pre-defining them and introduces other problems. I'd rather keep this simple if possible, though I would like to help make it easier for you. Hence the questions - just wondering if multi select helps you I guess?
AH_Matt
Dive Computer: Suuntu Zoop

Post by AH_Matt »

Certainly multi-select does work. Auto complete doesn't seem to be working in either the All Dives or Edit mode, but multi-select is a fine solution. Thanks!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Autocomplete doesn't work in the table, only the dive inspector. Should be working for Divemaster unless I broke something though :)

I'll double check.