Site changes no longer reflected in All dives

Problems ? Get help here!
weppos
Dive Computer: Perdix, Petrel

Site changes no longer reflected in All dives

Post by weppos »

Hello,

I've been noticing a strange behavior with new sites in the latest versions of MacDive. I currently use 2.9.4.

My workflow is to download the dive to the iPhone from my Perdix, create the dive site (generally with GPS location), then sync it with the Mac.
After synced, the Site doesn't generally show up in the Mac on the All Dives panel. I have to close and re-open the app.

Likewise, if I make a change to the site in the Mac App, and go back to the All Dives panel, the change is not visible (e.g. the site name).

It looks like whatever change I make to a site is not reflected, unless I restart the app (sometimes it does after I switch panels several times).
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Site changes no longer reflected in All dives

Post by nick »

My workflow is to download the dive to the iPhone from my Perdix, create the dive site (generally with GPS location), then sync it with the Mac.
After synced, the Site doesn't generally show up in the Mac on the All Dives panel. I have to close and re-open the app.
Do you just mean the Country, in the list of Countries?
Likewise, if I make a change to the site in the Mac App, and go back to the All Dives panel, the change is not visible (e.g. the site name).
I guess this is the same issue, but what do you mean? The site name in the table, or the list of countries, or.. ?

Someone else reported a similar issue, but I couldn't reproduce it myself. That said, I did make changes there recently to avoid regenerating things far, far too much, so it's likely I just made it a little too conservative.
weppos
Dive Computer: Perdix, Petrel

Post by weppos »

This is the All dives list I am referring to. I can try to create a screencast as example to see if I can consistently reproduce it.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 10.35.14.png
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

This should be fixed for the next update.

For what it's worth, in the meantime, just clicking on the Site column should be enough to force it to refresh. It's just a display issue. At least, as far as I can reproduce it here, that helps.

Since I've fixed a couple of things you asked for, feel free to email me if you'd like a beta.