Flag issue after upgrading to version 2.1.6

Problems ? Get help here!
Twan77
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper Air

Flag issue after upgrading to version 2.1.6

Post by Twan77 »

Hi Nick,

i just updated to the newest version to get the new features you have put in there, which makes the program better everytime with each update.
However i ran into a little problem after the update. It has to do with the little flag icons you see with different countries.

Since i'm from Holland, i put in all info in Macdive in Dutch. This is also the case for the different countries.
So, in the resources folder, i looked up the files with the flags for the countries i've been to, copied them and renamed them into my language. This always worked.
I saved these files somewhere else, because with each update, these files are lost. This way i only have to copy them back again in order for it to work.

Since i updated to 2.1.6 one country doesn't work anymore. And i have figured out that it has to do with the fact that a diaeresis is in the name. The country I'm talking about is Belgium.

In my language, "Belgium" is spelled as " België". However, macdive doesn't seem to understand the " ë "
That is why no flag is displayed, but a question mark.

Has this been changed in the latest version? I noticed the flags changed a little bit, so i copied the new files from the resource folder and renamed them into Dutch, and all flages for all countries work, except "België" .

Greets Twan
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Flag issue after upgrading to version 2.1.6

Post by nick »

Perhaps - new APIs are used in order to support the retina display so a number of things changed.

Ultimately this is not really an officially supported thing, but I'll take a look and see if I can spot what is going on and if there is a workaround.
Griffith
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Post by Griffith »

I also have this problem with Curaçao. Other than that great update.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Curaçao is fixed for the next update.
HTdecodiver
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Post by HTdecodiver »

nick wrote:Perhaps - new APIs are used in order to support the retina display so a number of things changed.

Ultimately this is not really an officially supported thing, but I'll take a look and see if I can spot what is going on and if there is a workaround.
Did you find a workaround for the flag of België (Belgium)? I have also the same problem with other countries like Italië, Indonesië, Kroatië and more. The letter ë is not recognized.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

It's not that it isn't recognised so much as that the app is just not localised - only the english spellings of countries are recognised.

That said, just playing around a bit I have some kind of basic translation working. Are you referring in particular to the iOS or macOS version? If you'd like to drop me an email, I could send you a beta to try out.