Dropbox sync merges new/backed- logs (yay!) but now 2 divers

Problems ? Get help here!
Jeff-in-TX
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Dropbox sync merges new/backed- logs (yay!) but now 2 divers

Post by Jeff-in-TX »

Long story: After not using MacDive for a year, I prepared for a trip by installing 2.8.2 (under 10.10.5). It ran fine twice and then crashed the computer on disconnecting my Zoop. Subsequent restarts would crash. Installed 2.8.3, same thing. Suspected corrupted MacDive.sqlite file.
Copied everything to a safe place then started from scratch, downloading all new dives from this trip (24 total). Arrived home in one piece but with only the latest 24 dives in the log.

I copied my (new dives) Library/.../MacDive folder to a safe location and then replaced the MacDive.sqlite file with the one copied from Time Machine. 2.8.2 read the file and all the old dives were there. As I had Dropbox sync enabled, all of those dives went to Dropbox, and I presumed they would overwrite the 24 new ones (which were safely copied to a safe place).

Then I installed 2.8.3 and it started up just fine and Dropbox started. I let it go and the next thing I knew, the 24 new dives were added. The Dropbox sync must have done me that favor.

HOWEVER: The only issues I have now is that there are two of me, two Suunto Divers (deleted both), two Suunto Zoop computers (one with 24 dives, one with the others). The cert I added (with images) is there but the images are not.

Somehow Nick's Dropbox cloud sync thing seems to have resolved *almost* everything and I am at a loss to know how. Magic I guess.

Is there a way to merge the two of me and two computers? I have all the original files backed up and can start the merge process from scratch.

Thanks,

--Jeff
(drying out after 2 weeks in Cozumel)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Dropbox sync merges new/backed- logs (yay!) but now 2 di

Post by nick »

The way to do it would be to select all dives, choose one diver, and add both computers. Then delete the unused diver and one of the computers.

Please note, you should not mess with the .sqlite file behind the scenes when you have syncing enabled. You will cause problems.
Jeff-in-TX
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Post by Jeff-in-TX »

As always, good advice, especially about not tinkering with the sqllite file. You've created a delicately balanced ecosystem here...
I now have one "me" but still two computers, both with identical serial number, etc. Is there a way to get all dives onto one computer?
I'm 99% of the way there...

--Jeff
(with neoprene drying on the back porch in preparation for Hawaii in 2 weeks)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

As I said above:
The way to do it would be to select all dives, ..., and add both computers. Then delete ... one of the computers.
And additionally, make sure that one computer has your diver set as the owner when you're done.