DC Buddy D6 Import problem

Problems ? Get help here!
helip1lot
Dive Computer: SuuntoD6

DC Buddy D6 Import problem

Post by helip1lot »

Hi,
I've just bought MacDive for both my Mac and also on my iPhone. I use a DC Buddy to connect my Suunto D6 to the phone. When I connect using MacDive it says connected, then contacting device, then I get a DC Buddy Error: 5 appear and no imports or dives are shown. I am able to connect with another app and it all works fine.
Help!
Mark
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: DC Buddy D6 Import problem

Post by nick »

Hi there,

You appear to have emailed me exactly the same thing. I already replied to your mail so I'll stick to that.
zzzking
Dive Computer: Reefnet Ultra

Post by zzzking »

I have the same problem with an Atom 3.1 with the same error message. Could you please post what the fix may be?

Also, I have a Hollis DG03 but that is not given as part of the selection list. It is compatible with the desktop software. Is there a plan to include it in the IOS version? Thanks.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hi,

Your issue is unrelated to this one.

I have an Atom 3 and it is downloading fine. Try a few times, sometimes it's just a connection issue. If problems persist, please email support. Also verify whether the download works via the official Dive Pal application, and make sure you don't have a low battery on the Atom.

Thanks
zzzking
Dive Computer: Reefnet Ultra

Post by zzzking »

After a couple of fails, it worked. Thanks for suggesting persistence.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Great, glad you got it sorted. I see the odd timeout on mine as well. I can potentially add some more retries to prevent it, I'll see if that helps.