Required Test Data

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Required Test Data

Post by nick »

This is a list of things that we would like to test to ensure we can read various dive computers correctly - it will be edited over time.
  • Oceanic GEO with Nitrox Dives
  • HelO2 with gas changes
  • HelO2 with trimix dives
  • Dives with multiple pressure transmitters in use
  • Mares (all models)
  • Oceanic OC1
  • Sherwood Wisdom
  • Aeris F10 Data
  • Oceanic VT Pro (or compatible device) with a depth based sampling interval
  • Any Seiko based devices (Cressi, Apeks, TUSA, DiveRite, ...)
Even if you have a brand new device, without any dives on it yet, the information can be very useful to us.

If anyone has a device with any of this data, could you please reply here, or drop us a mail (macdive@thedoorisajar.org and jef@libdivecomputer.org)?

Instructions can be found here: http://www.libdivecomputer.org/contribute.html

Cheers!
Bene
Dive Computer: Helo2, Vyper

Re: Required Test Data

Post by Bene »

Hi,
As per my other post I have use the Helo2 with gas changes and I believe also trimix.
How can I transfer you the data?
Also what format shall Iuse? Shall I download them on my old pc with the suunto software? or can I use macdive?
Cheers,
Bene
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Grab the "vyper2" application from here:

http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/builds/macosx/

And save it to your desktop. If you don't already have it, grab the FTDI USB driver (it's linked off my website - http://thedoorisajar.org/macdive). This is for the official suunto cable. Download and install that (should be version 2.2.14). Then, open a terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal). In it, type:

cd Desktop

Then:

chmod u+x vyper2

Next, you want to plug the HelO2 in so that it is in Data Transfer mode. Then type:

ls /dev/tty.*

You should see something like "/dev/tty.usbserial-st000001". Whatever that is, copy it (apple+c), and you want to type a new command and paste it on the end, so that you get something like:

./vyper2 /dev/tty.usbserial-st000001

Then after you hit enter this last time, it should start ticking away doing a bunch of stuff. When it's finished, you should have VYPER2.LOG and VYPER2.DMP on your desktop. Throw both of those in an email to me (macdive@thedoorisajar.org) and also TnT (jefdriesen@hotmail.com)

Let me know if you have any problems with any of this! I should actually make a sticky topic for how to run it. :)

And if you happen to have these downloaded on your old PC with sunutos software, an export of all of them would be really helpful for verifying the data.
Bene
Dive Computer: Helo2, Vyper

Post by Bene »

No problem Nick I will download the data for you.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Thanks very much!

Let us know if you have any problems with any of the steps.
davidfield
Dive Computer: Vyper & Wisdom

Post by davidfield »

Do you still need data for the Sherwood Wisdom? If so I can try to help.
"They tell me you'll lose your mind when you get older. What they don't say is that you won't miss it very much." ~ Malcolm Cowley
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yes, we'd love some. We're having a few issues with it at the moment.

Follow the instructions further up, but replace the vyper2 program with the vtpro program, to start, and let us know how you get on.

Thanks!
davidfield
Dive Computer: Vyper & Wisdom

Post by davidfield »

I tried to send some files but the post does not appear. Ill send again.

I did as requested although couldn't find the USB drivers on your web page. I found a couple of files on my desktop after running the console program. If the data looks funny at the start it's because I ran the program first with the cable in the wrong way round. :oops:

I don't seem to be able to upload the files as I get the error message - The extension log is not allowed and - The extension dmp is not allowed. These are the 2 files that were generated.

Ahh, I've just re read the previous post and see that I should e-mail you the files. I am such a stupid clutz!!!
"They tell me you'll lose your mind when you get older. What they don't say is that you won't miss it very much." ~ Malcolm Cowley
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ahh, yep - got them. Thanks very much.

Yeah I didn't enable those extensions - I have been meaning to create a basic little web page to upload dumps and browse them, which will be handy, I've just been doing more important things (like trying to finish macdive :) ).

Cheers - will look at this when I get home, but it looks good.

Thanks!
azchipka
Dive Computer: Geo V2 / Shearwater

Post by azchipka »

nick wrote:This is a list of things that we would like to test to ensure we can read various dive computers correctly - it will be edited over time.
  • Oceanic GEO with Nitrox Dives
Nick are you looking for the GEO or the GEO v2?