Retrieving logs using Suunto Zoop computer / DiveNav DCbuddy

MacDive for iPhone. Feedback, requests, bug reports.. let us know!
ray2day
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Retrieving logs using Suunto Zoop computer / DiveNav DCbuddy

Post by ray2day »

Dear Nick,

After my new iphone and the MacDive app for iphone, I bought myself a new Scuba Dive gadget: a DiveNac DCbuddy. Especially for my holiday diving so I can directly import the dives in MacDive on my iphone after diving (instead of importing 50+ dives when I am back home from holiday).

I was testing the equiment and read the manual on your website;

---------------------------------------------------

Importing via Dive Nav DC Buddy

Importing via DC Buddy works in much the same way, once you've added a source.

Connect your Dive Computer to your DC Buddy
Press the Wake button on your DC Buddy
Tap the device in MacDive to initiate a transfer.

As in the screenshot above, MacDive will also show an icon to indicate when your DC Buddy battery is running low, or nearly empty.

---------------------------------------------------

But... my device does NOT show up in MacDive (iphone) to tap it. So I can not select it: :(

Do you have any idea's / or a solution? Is it possible it conflicts with the Zoop I already selected in MacDive (iMac PC)?

[PS. With the DiveNav software (DivePAL) I see the DCbuddy and can retrieve dives from my Zoop with it. So the DCbuddy works 100%]
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Retrieving logs using Suunto Zoop computer / DiveNav DCb

Post by nick »

The Zoop is not currently available/supported. The reason for this was simply that we did not have physical access to one to verify that it worked before releasing it.

If you would like it supported, and you are willing to do some beta testing, then contact support@mac-dive.com with your Apple ID.

Otherwise we respectfully request a little patience, and it will be added in due course.

Thanks.
ray2day

Post by ray2day »

sent you an e-mail
ray2day

Post by ray2day »

@Nick; Any progress on this one...?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I will be getting to it shortly. I apologise for the delay. We've been pretty busy. First getting the iPhone version finally finished and released, and then making some very major improvements shortly after that, along with adding in a bunch of improvements that were requested.

To be honest I'm enjoying having a little downtime now that things appear to be fairly stable, as things have been pretty flat out for the last couple of months.

There are a very large amount of new feature requests and other improvements to make, they will come in time. We will keep providing free updates as we always have, but for now we ask for a little patience.

We appreciate that you are waiting for this feature, and will get it included as soon as we can. We have some Zoop users in TestFlight so we will get something to them shortly.

Thanks for your understanding.
ray2day

Post by ray2day »

No appologies necessary. I am so happy with your software for Mac and iPhone. - Keep up the good work!
I will wait patiently... Let me know when things change / this is integrated, so I can (beta) test it for you.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I'm glad you like it. Always nice to hear positive feedback!
ray2day

Post by ray2day »

I've installed the MacDive - TestFlight Beta so let me know when this is fixed, then I will test it immediately. Again no hurries. But I bought the BC buddy device for my holiday in May in Bonaire, so if you see any chance to get this fixed before that time I would appreciate it very much. Thank you again and again and again for these nice pieces of software! :D

Other thing; What's your location Nick? Maybe we (me and/or my wife) can do a scubadive together when we are on holiday in your country. That would be nice I think. When you vist The Netherlands you can always contact me to do a scubadive together in one of our (cold ;-) ) lakes, or in the Oosterschelde (sea) or in the Belgium old stone/mineshafts.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

The Cobra, Vyper, Vytec and Zoop have all been added in the latest beta. Note: This is newer than the version that will be released shortly. If you'd like to try it out, please drop me an email and I can hook you up with TestFlight.

Thanks very much to Ray for his patience and testing!