Combining data from two computers

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
dc3john
Dive Computer: Mares Icon HD

Combining data from two computers

Post by dc3john »

Hello all,

I need a little help and/or tips on combining data. I now dive with primarily the Shearwater Petrel2. I bring along with me a sherwood wisdom 3 so I can monitor my air consumption and also as a back up device.

Can I download dives from both computers so that I can combine the data?
If so how?

Is this advisable or no?

thanks in advance, John.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Combining data from two computers

Post by nick »

Well, you can download from both computers. But right now there is no way to combine the profile data from different ones.

Merging dives is on my todo list and I will be looking at it shortly.
effervescent
Dive Computer: Petrel + NERD

Post by effervescent »

Hello - I was wondering if there was any update on this request. I have a Shearwater Petrel and a NERD and they show up as 2 separate dives in my logbook. I have both the Mac and iOS apps. Thank you!
sroveson
Dive Computer: Hollis TX1

Post by sroveson »

I'd also be interested in knowing if this is possible now or in the near future. I dive with a TX1 (which gives me some trouble from time-to-time...) And I use a Sherwood Wisdom 3 as my back-up. Well today I imported the last 2 days worth of data (4 dives) from the TX1 and despite them all being in the log it only imported the last 3! Not the earliest one from yesterday morning.

I had never downloaded from my Sherwood before and didn't even have the Sherwood $90 cable but noted that the connection points on the TX1 and the SW3 were about the same. I also remembered reading that they use the same chipset (from someone who posted on trying to make a cable for the Sherwood since they are so bleeding expensive).

Well I took my Hollis TX1 cable and sure enough "click" it went into place in the Sherwood W3!!!

I clicked on download dives and picked the Sherwood W3 as the import computer and BAM! a few seconds later I had all the data that I couldn't get off of the Hollis!!!

Well the only problem is that since I had never downloaded data from the Sherwood before it took in ALL the data so I had a bunch to delete out. But then I thought how cool it would be if it could be blended and saw this thread. If you could it would be awesome. 1 dive, 2 datasets, The options should be to overlay them, so one is a primary and the other a secondary so that no data is "lost" it is just all there in a single dive. If you could pick 2 dives and "blend" it would be a great feature to have. I'd download data from both sets all the time.

Thanks for a great product and keep me up to date on this feature I would love to see!
earlkim
Dive Computer: Seabear H3

Post by earlkim »

Have you add function that allows to combine data of two different accounts
I like underwater hunting and this software is really useful
stu1965
Dive Computer: Pro Plus 3, Puckpro

Post by stu1965 »

I dive with an oceanic pro plus 3 and a mares puck...wondering if this thread has been addressed.